CD spinning causing frame skips

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Es0teric

CD spinning causing frame skips

Post by Es0teric »

Hello all, first off this mod is glorious, truly great work
Now to my problem
Everytime my CD spins up in my drive it causes frame skips
Not really game breaking but it is an annoyance
Anyone else had any issues like this? Does mounting an ISO remove the issue?
Thanks for any input !
Es0teric

Post by Es0teric »

Fixed it
Copying the DIABDAT.MPQ file from the CD to the games root directory as suggested in the readme as an alternative to mounting an ISO image or using a physical CD in the drive has removed the need for my drive to spin up the CD to read data, no more pauses HOORAH

Bit of a pointless thread my apologies, hopefully someone else reading who has this issue when setting the mod up for the first time and isn't savvy like myself will find solace.

Onto gaming!
Rota

Post by Rota »

I've never heard that someone still using CD's.
I got all my games on Virtual Roms ^^
But Diabdat is ofc best idea (Before I Installed Belzebub I had old instalation of my D1 with Hellfire and Diabdat was already copied ^^)
riesa

Post by riesa »

I don't know about your 'hax0r' skills but at some point (2006 year or sth) you can't do rip of your own CD to play the game. Cracks were always involved, so... Even D2 no-cd crack, if you ripped the game from CD in BN was treated as cracked game. So you're propably a torrent-cheater... Too bad...
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

Rota is well known cheater.
Rota

Post by Rota »

riesa wrote:I don't know about your 'hax0r' skills but at some point (2006 year or sth) you can't do rip of your own CD to play the game. Cracks were always involved, so... Even D2 no-cd crack, if you ripped the game from CD in BN was treated as cracked game. So you're propably a torrent-cheater... Too bad...
I'm talking about the last times (probably it was after 2006)
and I just wanted to say that I'm using Virtual Copies of any Game if it needs a CD in (but most of games rather don't need it) It's normally that to play on single player nobody wants to pay, especially with new games which needs few days to complete... If I rly like the game (like ex. D2 wchich I bought about 4 original CD versions) I buy the game. If I don't like I just play cracked and I'm sure most of people do same.

Ok let's get back to the main topic. I meant the Diablo 1. I have the Virtual Rom of this game (and it's original old one). Long time ago when Windows XP was the newest one I played original D1 exactly from this rom and everything was good, so what are ur problems guys?

BTW cheating is usually bad for online games. I never use cheats vs players which are also fair :) Sometimes we use cheats for fun as we know :D Now already for this Beta version I can tell you that I'm using cheat like unlimited Gold but who didn't tried it?