Necromancer skills

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
BrightLord

Necromancer skills

Post by BrightLord »

What do you think about possible necromancer skillset.

Should this class be based purely on summons/ressurects or more like a blood mage?
DREWPICKLES

Post by DREWPICKLES »

CORPSE EXPLOSION

that is all
:)
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

There is no corpse explosion animation, but i think, this skill is possible :)

summoning
curses
Life/Mana/elemental Drain
HP/Mana speed recovery
Eye charm :-)
Haunt
Deadly Sweep
Chaos
Fleshdoom

Post by Fleshdoom »

I think you can combine both things, although summons/resurrect are always ok, I suppose It could be interesting seeing also skills involving blood. Maybe something like blood boil: I always liked to see blood explosions.
About Summoning/Resurrect I'd consider not more than skills out of five.
Summons ghosts, maybe summoning ghost could be an interesting and original idea rather than the usual zombie skeleton.

For example a skill set could be:

Summon Minion

"Summon up to N minions" for example a ghost or a skeleton

Summon Zombie Gargantuan

Gathers some corpses on the ground and merges them into a giant and strong zombie.

Corpse Explosion/Blood Boil Like/ Blood Wave

Just something that involves Blood

Raise Dead

Resurrects a dead enemy (for example a boss) to fight for you

Swarm of Pestilence (Curse based)

Transforms you into a cloud of insects that widespreads locusts or curses around enemies

That's just to throw something out, nothing new from noktis list except for something really blood-themed. To summarize, you can do a necromancer both summoner and blood. Consider also that necromancer can use golem spell, maybe you can add some "necromancer bonus" to this spell.

Good luck
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

I am newbie here, and have read somewhere that the developing of this mod was stopped for now. Now i read that there is work going on for the new "race" Nekromanter :)
Can someone inform me: who is/are the developers of this mod, and what does "Belzebub" stand for?
uRa!
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Development is stopped atm however bugs will still be fixed periodically or when something critical appears.
andronnik wrote:Can someone inform me: who is/are the developers of this mod, and what does "Belzebub" stand for?
Martians :)
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

This martians are damn good at modding :D
uRa!
Gamar

Post by Gamar »

In my opinion future necromancer should relay only on minions, resurrections and defensive abilities(damage reduction, enemies possession). It should be different from d2 as much it could be. Bloodmage is a good idea for next character.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Right now the idea is to create minion bassed character with morphing capabilities giving him unique effects
Gamar

Post by Gamar »

Shape shifter necromancer, splendid idea! How many unique abilities are planned? Will it be fitted in basic 5 skills system? Or will it be also expanded?
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

BrightLord wrote:Right now the idea is to create minion bassed character with morphing capabilities giving him unique effects
How about making him heal-based caster?
Sorcerer is the master of Mana, as not only it fuels his attacks, but also - thanks to mana shield - basically becomes his health.

Perhaps Necro should do the same with life force, paying for skills with his own health?

Summoning the dead using own's life force could make sense, so would be manipulating the life force of groups of enemies to curse them.
You could also make Blood Star and Bone Spirit his trademark spells.