Magic Find

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Rakka

Magic Find

Post by Rakka »

Currently farming treasure room in hell mode and a have regarding MF.
Do you need to wear the MF gear before you enter the cave or you can just swap it right before you open the chest?
I usually prefer to wear some increased casting speed gear to be able to teleport faster to the area without getting killed.
Lanthanide

Post by Lanthanide »

Which class are you? I never had any problem teleporting as a sorcerer without getting hit - had golem and mana shield up of course. Don't think I got hit a single time in about 30 runs.

I just had a read through of Jarulf's, but I can't see anything about when it determines an item's state in the dungeon - at generation or at kill time.

I have some recollection of regular Diablo in single player though - if you save the game and load it up, you'll get the same base item each time from the same location (a chest or killing a particular monster), but whether it is magic or not is random.

If that is the case, and also applies to Bezlebub, then I think the answer is that base items are generated at level (and monster) creation, but magical status is determined at drop time. This is definitely the case for Diablo 2.
Rakka

Post by Rakka »

rogue class.
k thx
neversun

Post by neversun »

you can just swap gear right before you open the chest: quality of the item will be determined during the opening.
(in other case it would be a great cheat: to put maximum MF on charakter to flight with teleport all the level and then put the best gear to kill fast and still get items as per "memorized" MF :) )
Onigion

Post by Onigion »

I have 380% MF =) And very often no unique items form chests in Lost Tresaure. Soulstone Chamber's drop sometimes may be a good. But when I can find a high lvl recipes?...
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

From my experience there are diminishing returns for going over 200% MF, meaning the magic/rare quality still increases exponentially while uniq quality chance barely increases, so overall more chance to get magic/rare items than uniq ones. There was a discussion about magic find but i can't be bothered to find the topic now, thou i know the topic about Heartseaker dropping and gambling in hell difficulty http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/best-place- ... t1600.html
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

I actually find it a bit more rewarding to do Chamber of Bone runs on any difficulty you can afford it. Mobs there are quite easy to handle and lootchests drop a lot of stuff as their quantity and rarity much higher. For example, quantity of items dropped from LT seems to be a lot less than from CoB. Speculatively, MF does not affect recipes drop since they aren't "magic", but quantity does, meaning you need to have shit dropped as much as possible to be able to find all recipes.