Player paralyzed

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Dog

Player paralyzed

Post by Dog »

Hello, Im new to the forums. and yea I Hack the game. I do it to all games. Im not here to take guff for doing it or showing any one how to do it. just showing what ive seen. Its like turning on the game genie for nintindo games. Ive used about all the gear and things the game currently has to offer on all classes at all levels , and tested them with and with out hacks.
And one thing that stands out as annoying is in later game play such as hell / torment $player 0 - 4+ (difficulty dependent) is getting paralyzed by monsters.
ever walk in a room and bow monsters just totally paralyze your character?
Even with God mode on your stuck. You cannot move , cast a spell , or do any thing but sit there taking hit after hit. and if your just playing w/o Mothers little helper . your done on impact .
Some speed enhanced monsters with high difficulty on can paralyze you by them selves by hitting you so fast the knock back makes you froze . at there mercy and stuck.
Seems like a game braker to me . the l8r levels and difficulties seem trapping of sorts and even when your not trapped . and in full best of the best gear at top level your fighting a boss with every mob. its not hard... its time consuming and not challenging .

Also A restat for your charicters distrabution points would be a cool sujestion !
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

I can avoid getting paralyzed, it becomes second nature to know how much time it takes for projectiles to travel and when i can hit or i should walk (sideways or such that it takes time for mobs to turn or move before they fire again) and avoid it, and some of the fastest melee AIs have that unusual walk/stay/change direction thing and with enough - dmg from enemy you don't get into hit recovery, plus you can teleport/phase as you are about to enter the lvl (right at the ending of load screen) if lets say you agroed too much right at the entrance or waypoint and they are already hitting that square where you previously died. Also you get to visual and hit range with 1 square (certain angles allow more than 1) before all ranged monsters do of you, so you can hit them first. Also abusing the environment is a learning process. Cannot be frozen also negates those types of monster that can freeze you, sometimes the map rolls them sometimes not, so the use of affix is situational. And as far as i'm concerned stacked attacks (Frenzy/Fanaticism) have a better use in Torment where the density is higher, with enough dmg + around 10% leech and good kiting you become immortal most of the time even with the Assassin, which has very low life pool. And the /player x command should be used when you can, with having several thousands of actual dmg and even going over 10k with critical hits it's not impossible, just much slower because mobs also get insane hp, i feel it's not worth it most of the time, i personally find it better for me to rerun an area several times at lower /player x when i just melt almost everything in 1-2 hits than doing one on players 10 that takes 5 or more hits to kill trash mobs. Even with all the additions there is only so much you can do on the D1 engine to make it contemporary, spamming skills/spells/pots is what eventually happens no matter how you look at it and everything gets boring after a while, i've stopped playing for several months now because it's not fun anymore and i need a break before i can replay it and actually feel i'm getting something out of playing it.

And you can restat if you gain one more lvl of xp after max, it rolls over and lets you redistribute all attributes.

So if you though that by hacking the game you will instantly become a casual player on highest difficulty, well you were wrong, most things you learn just from playing othewise you don't notice what you need compared to lower difficulties. And i believe difficulty scales up well, (with few exceptions) you can't just go back and mindless farm while watching TV, like on some aaa games that get filled with bots.
Dog

Post by Dog »

So I see about the re stat part . I thought it was due to the way I maxed out a few characters .
I did however play a charicter to level 55 atm with no aid but i give it gear from a character with millions of magic find I swarm $player 1000-1 mill dungeons with.
So yea I see the kite factor and teleport from one wall the the other side slapping off spells and kite mastering it up. Been there done that. once in a wile non ranged melee classes just get hung though. head bobbin from 20 million hits a second it seems.
Ill try the no freeze gear out and see if it helps.
POMPyro

Post by POMPyro »

Maybe if you used an item that reflects damage with atributes such as attack takes x amount of damage?
Dog

Post by Dog »

Na Ive tried that. even played with the amount damage reflect. Attacker takes 9,999,998-9,999,999 and gets you unstuck ... . but its the interrupt of casting or movement that makes you stuck. like even if your not swarmed but its archers nailing you. you walk like 3 paces and rubber band back like it was lag.
I don't think of it as a good thing at all. its like walked into a room or teleported into another room and FFFFFCK !!! stuck

BTW Cool Bow

image hosting sites
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

That's how the game handles animations, even if you get hit in mid walk or the last frame towards the next square once you get into recovery it puts you back on the initial square, and projectiles hit anything on the square they come upon, they can't pass by you if lets say they are shot towards the square's corner. Noting can be done about that, the engine works with squares, so just don't be on that square. Moving diagonally doesn't help either. I find skeletons and goatmen the most annoying, because their arrows are not as visible as other projectiles, which one can asses and avoid more easily.

Oh and btw with printscreen the mod takes a screenshot and puts it in game's folder.
hexd

Post by hexd »

@Dog, Have you tried "The Oculus" ??? ya know the swirling crystal that most people hate...It'll give you enough time to get meteor cluster going... and you too...all over the place. hahaha :)
If i want to drink and smoke 'til i can't stand-up what the hell is it to you!.
Keighn

Post by Keighn »

Who let the dog out?

WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF!

sorry, couldn't resist that.

yeah, sucks becoming a pincushion.