Is Belzebub bug-free?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Wingard

Is Belzebub bug-free?

Post by Wingard »

Vanilla Diablo offers many bugs and i was wondering if this mod gets rid of them. Bug list can be viewed here:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/index2.php? ... df=1&id=24

So, anyone knows if these bugs are still in game?
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Oryginalne Diablo i Belzebub to dwie różne rzeczy. Więc nawet nie bierz pod uwagę tej listy bugów.
Constance

Post by Constance »

Since Belzebub uses its own engine instead of being just a modified executable made from the game's original one, there is almost no chance a bug that exists in the original game will be in this one, unless both BrightLord and the Blizzard developpers made the exact same mistake. However it very much can have its own new bugs. It's in beta testing after all.
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

Constance wrote:there is almost no chance a bug that exists in the original game will be in this one
http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/necro-vs-di ... -t922.html
thecurse wrote:there´s a bug in the engine, if too many effects are played the same time the game may freeze/crash.
The same bug exists in normal Diablo, if i recall the number of things on map (dropped items, projectiles in flight, corpses on ground, etc.) cant exceed 127, otherwise they will start to disappear. For example it can occur during the fight with Horazon - if he summons too many monsters then their corpses may vanish.

Ha.
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Z tego co pamiętam, to w grze może być nawet 1000 efektów czarów jednocześnie i było to testowane.
Nie ma żadnego problemu z 127 przedmiotami na ziemi, a jeśli nie wierzysz, to zrób 128 kupek złota na ziemi po 1 sztuce.

Constance dobrze ci napisał, bo jest mało prawdopodobne aby ten sam błąd występował zarówno w oryginalnym Diablo jak i w Belzebubie.