Bugs and suggestions

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Wormek

Post by Wormek »

riesa wrote:Nope. It's only showing immunities.
And if enemy doesn't have any immunity will it show 'No magic immunities' like in original Diablo or there will be no text?
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

Wormek wrote:And if enemy doesn't have any immunity will it show 'No magic immunities' like in original Diablo or there will be no text?
Cant you go to the church on normal difficulty, click a skeleton and see by yourself? ._.
Constance

Post by Constance »

Don't click it or it will die :D
Wormek

Post by Wormek »

Yeh, I tried it, killed over a hundred of zombies, skeletons and fallen ones and still didn't see any text (like 'No magic immunities, some magic resistances' in original Diablo). I was confused so asked here. Sorry if it was problem for you.
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

Being lazy and asking is one thing but its more of an issue to our admin. Since all this discussion wasnt about bug nor suggestion he might get angry. :)
Constance

Post by Constance »

Hmm by the way, there is this small yet annoying issue with pathfinding when trying to attack some monster or otherwise interact with an object (such as a barrel) which I've been wanting to report for a while, yet I thought providing video "proof" would be the best before I do.
Tried seeing if anyone reported it yet, but the forum's search engine gives loads of results for "melee pathfinding" (too many for me to actually bother checking all of them) while Google gives none at the moment.

So here it is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTbjCInEhg
As you can see, when I click directly on the barrel, my Warrior tries to get to it in a way that is far from being the most direct. I finally get there by clicking a walkable tile near the barrel, and then I destroy it by holding shift while attacking in its direction.
In such situation, even if he was staying there, the character would go away when clicking the barrel if not holding shift, as if it would be unable to hit it from there, even though he definitely can.
Now it's not that much of a problem when you're just trying to loot a barrel, but it can become a bit of a problem when you're being surrounded by a knight boss' minions and are trying to get rid of that boss as your priority target, for example :p

To put it into words instead of a video, I think basically the problem is, if you're trying to use melee on a target which you should be able to hit because the tile you stand on and the tile it is on are connected by a corner, but both the tiles which are connected by their sides to where your character stand and the target are non-walkable, the AI will assume you can't hit, and will make you travel another path to reach the target from a another angle.
Martim

Post by Martim »

Another chash, here's the log: http://pastebin.com/rSsfrx8F

Charged bolts on screen again, but few. Rogue on nightmare dlvl14. I don't know if it has something to do with it.

EDIT: Another one: http://pastebin.com/6XjbvuGM

No lightning on screen this time...
And by the way, what is there to look at this log? Athough it crashed, it doesn't seem that the log indicates any kind abnormality.
Is anyone else having those crashes without apparent reason?
Constance

Post by Constance »

Indeed, it doesn't seem to indicate anything about why it crashed, I was only hoping it would :/
Did you try updating your drivers just in case ?
Martim

Post by Martim »

As far as I know they are updated. Do you mean any specific drives? Any other than video drive? If so, could you name them, please?
Constance

Post by Constance »

Perhaps the audio drivers. It's only a wild guess though.
Edit : thinking about it, it seems pretty unlikely to be a driver related issue if it only happens in Hell and above difficulty modes.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

These kinds of crashes are mostly related to openAl library on specific computers. Unfortunately I don't know what is wrong with it.
Martim

Post by Martim »

Constance, first I believed it was only on hell and torment difficulty, but this is not actually truth, it happend on nightmare. Although it really seems more frequent on those difficulties.

Brightlord, this openAL is the one that comes with the mod, right?
I don't really understand about this, but does it have an update or something? And isn't it strange that the log doesn't show any type of errors?

Thank you both for you attention.
radicool

Post by radicool »

Can you answer if you have got the last, 1.045 patch? And will it be still shown if some enemy hasn't got any resistance or immunity?
I'm running version 1.045. If the unit doesn't have resistences or immunities, no information regarding this is displayed

On a sidenote. I found a bug. If you teleport onto a little platform at the Smith area, he can't get to you (and any other meele ranged monster).

ImageImage
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

If you teleport onto a little platform at the Smith area, he can't get to you
The tile with three rocks in the middle of lava pool (on your screen) works too. But if i remember correclty the Smith has lightning enchanted since Hell difficulty which makes these less useful to exploit.

I have that suggestion for multiplayer... what if game resolution was to be chosen by the host? And then applied to all the players that join. Only host would be the one to be able to change it, others wouldnt see that in video options. That means no cheating in PvP along with friendly environment for those fancying bigger resolutions.
Constance

Post by Constance »

Radicool : I'm not sure this thing with the smith is a bug, more like exploiting terrain and his inability to attack from a distance. I do the same every time, only with that other island which is below the "Haste" word on your screenshot.

Edit : Wingard, I believe that resolution thing has been suggested already, but would be too complicated to handle, seeing how many different resolutions are possible out there, with not all of them being possible on every graphics card driver/monitor combination.