Version 1.04 works fine for me - but should I be wary?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Andrettin

Version 1.04 works fine for me - but should I be wary?

Post by Andrettin »

I downloaded version 1.04 when it was released and everything works without any problems... at least so far. I created a Warrior and have played until the second level of the cathedral, and finished the The Butcher quest. Should I continue playing version 1.04, or should I wait until the next version is released? I have seen some people report problems with version 1.04, but I have seen nothing of the sort so far, so perhaps my libraries are setup in a way that will avoid any such trouble?

Also, are saved characters compatible across versions (i.e. will my character still be valid after version 1.05 comes out)?
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

Im even more scared, im playing on 1.041 and the post containing it got deleted D: I would also like to know if i should be worried about my charactres and their compatibility.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

It will not damage your system... It's just some library changes between 1.033 and 1.04 caused game to not work on computers without proper gaming graphics card. There are also some other lesser bugs like one with using scrolls and staves.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

BrightLord wrote:It will not damage your system... It's just some library changes between 1.033 and 1.04 caused game to not work on computers without proper gaming graphics card. There are also some other lesser bugs like one with using scrolls and staves.
Thanks for the answer :) I had no problem with scrolls either, at least so far (town portal scrolls work fine, for instance). And what about character compatibility, will my 1.04 character be compatible with later versions of the mod?
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

There is not need to change save format for now. Even if it happens there will be option to convert.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

BrightLord wrote:There is not need to change save format for now. Even if it happens there will be option to convert.
Thanks!
Railgun357

Post by Railgun357 »

I wouldnt mind giving the v1.04 a try 1033 didnt work for me :(