magic to hit w/ a necromancer

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
kunz68

magic to hit w/ a necromancer

Post by kunz68 »

Does magic to hit matter like it did in the orginal diablo?. Currently playing a lvl 30 necromancer and was wondering if I should put my stats for level up and gear all in vitatilty or still have some magic points. I have put some in magic so far, since offensive spells are important, but at lvl 32 I get the skill blood ritual, so now I think vitality will be more important obv. But I was wondering if I lower my magic stats to increase vit (with gear) will this make my offensive spells less effective?
SamAlchemist

Necro is fun

Post by SamAlchemist »

My necro Mr. Piddles just made level 38 and cleared Nightmare Level 15, including Izual. I have been splitting points between all four stats. The better staves require higher Strength, Dex helps him dodge missiles, Magic for spells and Vit for summons.

I use the common stash to share a Magic-boosting outfit and a spell book library, so his spell levels are high enough to do some decent damage. I have two of three Naj's set. The staff lets me teleport out of harm's way when my summons are wiped out.

Mr. Piddles has the following stats:
Attribute Base Boosted
STR 49 67
MAG 130 209 Mana=377
DEX 39 91 AC=108
VIT 120 169 HP=365

Personally i think Necro is the most fun to watch. Yeah, the skellies block you sometimes, but hey, they're just trying to protect you :)