Idea about nerfing the mage

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Wojtek25

Idea about nerfing the mage

Post by Wojtek25 »

I know , wrong place for post , but in sticked it's just too much spam.

About the mage , there's just 1 possibility to live for him , have 99999 mana points for shield, how about mana burn for some kind of mob like adding d2 ghosts and a affix for champions? Now mage would be a balanced class who needs also vitality . And 6-7 goat clan champions with mana burn would be a little problem , not just chain lightning :)
Just another guy , who love endless dungeons , weird huh?
Nomic

Post by Nomic »

Possessed mob types (Similiar to Champion, Berzerker, Fanatic -- The "orange" ones) destroy mana the same as in D2...these already exist in Belzebub and yes they can be quite troublesome.
Wojtek25

Post by Wojtek25 »

I didn't found any o.o , are they on torment? Becouse I'm on Hell Dlvl 14
Just another guy , who love endless dungeons , weird huh?
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

Forcing mage to put points into Vit would also screw the class due to astronomical Mag requirements to learn higher level spells. So with this "fix" you'd nerf Sorc to the ground (both offense and defense), while also destroying the class gameplay style.

Sorc seems OP because Spells deal huge amount of damage "on paper" but in fact only a portion of the damage hits (due to immunities and resistance).
This screws undergeared Sorcs, who quite often can progress only using Elemental Drain, and makes well-geared sorc "op".

Blight already wrote that Spell damage system will be changed, let's wait for this change instead of blindly nerfing random things that, in the end, can screw game balance in more ways than it seems.