The Butcher's Quest

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
baboun

The Butcher's Quest

Post by baboun »

Hi there =)

So far i have played pretty much every mods and i must say this is one of the best (if not the best) mod ever for D1!

Gratz to the developers for this amazing work :)

My concern here is about the Butcher, lol i cannot find him in his room (its empty) is there some kind of sorcelry to do in order to make him appear ?

Currently playing a lvl 15 Rogue, so great but i miss this legendary Quest :D

Thanks for any tip you guys could provide me :)
Aramoro

Post by Aramoro »

Hey! I was looking for him a lot too xD There is an sticky thread about all quests.
Here u have a link if u didnt found it yet :)
The first part of guide is in polish but at the bottom u have all translated quests :)

http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/opis-zadan- ... -t394.html

THE BUTCHER'S CHAMBER
Beginnig NPC: Slain Townsman
Synopsis: Open a red town portal in the room full of corpses and enter it.
Turn in NPC: N/A
Reward: Progression into the quest "THE BUTCHER" (ALL)
baboun

Post by baboun »

LOL i knew it would something like open a TP in the room, yet i didnt even tried haha !

Very nice quest with a nice new design map :)

Looking for some Rogue guide but before : worm's lair needs a clean!
riesa

Post by riesa »

Is this third or fourth topic asking 'where's Butcher'? Please, people, use search button before posting... -.-
radicool

Post by radicool »

Synopsis: Open a red town portal in the room full of corpses and enter it.
I don't really like how this quest description spoils the puzzle. Talking to Wirt your given a puzzle. It's simple really, but a puzzle never the less. This quest description answers the puzzle and spoils the quest in my opinion.

I suggested a rework of the quest menu and the devs said they had plans for redesigning it. http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/rework-ques ... ight=quest (lost demonstration pictures sorry)

I hope the devs dont use the quest descriptions in the quest thread because they're terrible. Spoils the element of surprise, and they're boring the read.
arcturus47

game crash

Post by arcturus47 »

Hallo.
I have problem with Butcher quest.
The game crashes everytime i use red portal leading into Butchers chamber.
When i use blue teleport to town, there are no problems in both directions..
I play version 1.045 as a sorcerrer. I installed Diablo without any patches and just coppied files from hd mod into Diablo directory.
Can enyone help? Thanks

PS. this HD mode is fantastic
Wormek

Post by Wormek »

Hey, in 'quest description' topic there is witten you get Butcher's Cleaver after killing the boss in normal. But I didn't get it. I found only some magic stuff, but where's cleaver?
riesa

Post by riesa »

Cleaver is dropped only when character kills Butcher for the first time. So if you killed him before with same char then you'll get other stuff.
Wormek

Post by Wormek »

He was killed by my character first time. I tried few times before but he was too strong for me, so I came back for him later. Maybe that's the reason? But if it is the reason, isn't this bug?
riesa

Post by riesa »

Maybe one of your siblings killed him when you didn't watched? :P There's no other explanation.
Martim

Post by Martim »

That's funny, riesa! hahahha Good one! Very possible.
Wormek, try to remember if the quest was still active at the time, if it wasn't maybe riesa is right.
Wormek

Post by Wormek »

lol guys, I'm an only child xd I was able to steal him about half of his life and had to run away. It's not real problem he didn't drop his cleaver, as I play necromancer, it was just weird. Maybe smth had been changed in newest patch?
Wormek

Post by Wormek »

Hm, it must have been bug. I don't see any other option. In every old quest I get same unique staffs at it used to be. But the cleaver, hm, I'm SURE I haven't killed him before, really.