Is it even possible?

Discussion/Suggestions regarding the Awake Mod
Flamethrower

Is it even possible?

Post by Flamethrower »

heh, i started to try this mod about 2 weeks ago, now i have a 12 warrior, 12 rogue, 22 sorceror (all capable of beating andariel and duriel without a scratch, a bit harder for warrior tho), i must say this mod is nice and VERY challenging, but i have a few problems

1. this is considerably harder than original d1, wats up with this? fallen ones have 16hp and needs 3 hits to taken down when original d1 takes 1 hit most of the time? how is a badly equipped warrior gonna handle 10 skeleton archers in level 3 without dying?

2. ur gears cant keep up unless u finally manage to beat the crap out of andariel/duriel and get some decent enough gear to continue down to level 5-8 and beyond (luckily a nice sorceror supplied my sorceror with some books and a firestaff + magic amulet + stability armor + ring etc, in which i finally stand a chance from a butcher-reincarnation (andariel) who now has the uncanny ability to open doors

well, apart from the 'complains', my main reason to post here is to ask for some tips in multiplayer awake
is it possible for a sorceror to solo normal diablo? well this is wat happened when i tried:
1. after powerleveled by the nice sorceror to level 15, and some more solo leveling (got some good spells too), i made my way into hell lvl 13
2. the monsters usually carry resistances and some with immunity, but after playing around a bit i managed through even when there's 2 types of immunity mobs coming at me (such as vortex lords + reaper guys, one immune to fire and other immune to lightning) in a pack, that is until level 15...
3. at level 15, i got the mephisto quest, which was a change from the original lazarus quest with belial + azmodan. but anyway, i used the same tactic and cleaned out all the mobs (almost all), then i ran into somthing horrible... fleshdoom, OMG wats this!? a boss in NORMAL difficulty that is IMMUNE to all three kinds of spells? how am i supposed to kill him? tried melee with mana shield on, but that guy hits twice as fast as butcher and so my armor (in 10 seconds) gone down to 5/50 and i had to run from him (with him coming after me), somehow i managed to use phasing (no teleport :( ) and got him trapped into a corner which i fled
4. made my way to the now-open 'mephisto' chamber, used guardian to pull out a few mobs, then accidently i pulled BOTH belial + azmodan out at the same time, their ranged bloodstar really took a lot out of me, not to mention both immune to fire (one lightning as well, the other magic), after about 100 chainlightnings, i took out the one immune to magic and spammed bonespirit + magic star until the other 1 also go down. then comes mephisto, OMG hes tough, teleports around shooting u with big fireballs, and immune to magic + fire spells, took another lot of 20 mana potions + chain lightning to bring him down. (but all 3 bosses dropped nice stuff that even griswold cant sell, so it was worth it)
5. alas, level 16, time to take out diablo, OMG izual + vortex lords, another 100-200 chain lightnings, OMG inarius + his pack, more chainlightnings, then suddenly i pulled out diablo + 2 bloodknights, which both does big stunlocks that pulls me back when they hit me as i run, a bit of struggle with firewalls to kill the bloodknights, but diablo? apart from running faster than my movespeed, he hits knocks me back and does big, holybolt doesnt work on him (NOOOOooo) i phase around and accidently pulled out mephisto spectre also, that point i know it's game over
(man, diablo isnt 666hp as stated on website, more like 6666!)

so, any tips on how to bring down diablo in normal? i mean if normal is that hard, wat chance do i have on hell and nightmare?

current spell arsenal (most powerful spell only)
9 firewall
2 stonecurse
1 manashield/magicstar
5 chainlightning
3 guardian
2 bonespirit

current equip
fire staff (unique)
mail of the moon (+10 all)
sapphire helm of -6dmg
magic resist amulet + 33magic
+24vit ring
fastest hit recovery ring
ku6a

Post by ku6a »

one solution = good stuff + base 15lv
fleshdoom = 1666hp try lightning (remember all ankhs has infravision) ]:o)
lordraven

Post by lordraven »

Hey,

I agree. This game is much harder then the original which isn't a bad thing, I like challenge only to a extent.
I think a new update should address this and make it easier.