Barbarian pvp problem.

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
BrightLord

Barbarian pvp problem.

Post by BrightLord »

There is problem with barbarian in pvp. Poor man can't reach ranged classes before he bites the dust. Warriors don't have this problem because they are able to use spells rather well and also have fast charge skill.

Barbarian requires one of his skills changed into something that gives him chances to catch fast ranged classes.

I thought about whrilwind attack or some sort of furious charge doing aoe damage and increasing speed. Question is if these abbilities would fit in diablo 1.
Fleshdoom

Post by Fleshdoom »

I think that they can both fit well in Diablo 1. Anyway what about a chain throw that drags the target towards the barbarian? Just to bring variety since warrior has already a charge attack.
radicool

Post by radicool »

Leap is the first thing that comes to mind only because the Barbarian and Diablo 2 had leap.
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

I'm all for a skill that would simply boost movement speed.

Faster walk/run speed worked good in D2 in Sorc vs Baba duels, with Barbarian trying to lure the Sorc to cast a spell one way, dodge it to the side and kill the Sorc in delay. Well, that was before Enigma entered the game and raped 90% of builds and tactics.

Charge / leap with AoE damage would work too, but it needs some short cooldown.

Chain throw mentioned by Fleshdoom can work, but generally a skill that moves your target instead of moving you can screw up pvp.

Perhaps some long range "shout" that would slow movement and casting speed of targets in X range of barbarian?

Or maybe the Chain Throw wouldn't bring the target to barbarian, but would instead slow / stop target moving for some time (along with not letting them use teleport/ phasing ).

[edit] We also need to remember that view range is important factor in Melee vs Range combat. Though this should change once the resolutions will be limited to +/- 600.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Implementing whrilwind for now. Will see how this work.

I want barbarian that can use slow big damage two hander weapons well. Else you just get warrior with no mana.
Fleshdoom

Post by Fleshdoom »

SlapZ wrote: Or maybe the Chain Throw wouldn't bring the target to barbarian, but would instead slow / stop target moving for some time (along with not letting them use teleport/ phasing ).
I agree with that, that was another idea I forgot to post. :lol:
Constance

Post by Constance »

I disagree, slowing people or preventing them from using their abilities is just lame. :/
hellnecrotom

Post by hellnecrotom »

Also, as one of my comrades has already said, LEAP can be used to hit hard, and since it could increase the damage by a percentage, it would be very cool to use two handed weapons with him.
radicool

Post by radicool »

I disagree, slowing people or preventing them from using their abilities is just lame. :/
I don't mind the concept of slowing people. Just depends on what % slow it is I suppose. As for preventing abilities, I think that would be annoying, but then again how to you stop the teleporting? It's a 0 second cooldown isn't it? I didn't pvp in Diablo 2. I'm pretty sure the Sorceror had a 0 second cooldown teleport. Was that OP or how did the devs balance other meele characters to compete with it?
Wojtek25

Post by Wojtek25 »

Other char needed A , range attack , B , incredible speed , C , Enigma (armor what gives +1 teleport)
Just another guy , who love endless dungeons , weird huh?
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

In Diablo 2 developers decided that only the sorceress should be able to use teleport skill. In patch 1.10 changed their minds and gave to players:
Don't forget also about the abilities as charge from paladin or assassin's dragon's flight.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Gnom

Post by Gnom »

Looks awesome :) But how this could help reaching anyone? :D For me it's skill that allows you to die while spinning :D

Other idea: maybe some kind of roar/"fear" that prevents move & use of magic for a short time? (kind of ranged stun?)
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

You don't catch anybody. Just lure other player and roll over his face.
Gnom

Re: Barbarian pvp problem.

Post by Gnom »

BrightLord wrote:Barbarian requires one of his skills changed into something that gives him chances to catch fast ranged classes.
I thought it's about catching, not luring. :) Not sure how Barbarian can lure teleporting Sorc into melee range, so he can do the ballet dance. :P Try this against bow user and you'll end with spinning porcupine.