problem with characters speed.

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
monorata

problem with characters speed.

Post by monorata »

Hi there, i'm having some problems with belzebu.
Basically characters walk very slow, mains character and monsters, spells animation are very slow also. It is like needs FPS or something like that, just a bit. Game is playable just sometimes is very annoying when you just wanna move inside a dungeon. In town i can change walk speed, so i can fix it there, can't say same inside dungeon. I changed FPS from 30 to 60 but still being the same, not dfference.
I'm playing in a laptop ASUS, intel core i3 , 4 gb RAM, intel HD 3000 integrated graphics and windows 7. Usually i don't have any problem for play games like Skyrim, diablo III, etc...
I'm trying look for a fast way to make a video to show problem, maybe helps with any configuration problem just hang on a couple of days ty.
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

This is not a problem, it's game mechanics which has nothing to do with the quality of the computer you are using. You cannot do anything about it except one - deal with this fact.
monorata

Post by monorata »

i saw videos about this mod and game is quite more fast like diablo normal. Has been any change from last patchs?
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

Maybe You just saw THIS video.
monorata

Post by monorata »

nah, sarcasm doesn't help.

Just asking if walk speed is changed to make diablo different then you can boost it with items after. Or is just my laptop making a problem.
It is what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usKGr4J ... e=youtu.be

I was playing diablo 1 since diablo exist so, i know how diablo works.
So, game speed is definetly changed, i wonder if is cause the mod is done like this, or is my laptop fault.

faster in mod video from website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4PfLbMJCoA

Ty
Last edited by monorata on 17 Aug, 2014 2:05, edited 1 time in total.
monorata

Post by monorata »

worst than trolls.
trolls who believe to be geralt of rivia.

That if it was ridiculous.
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

Yes your "joke" was ridiculous. Not funny at all. Andrzej Sapkowski shot in his head with laughter at these words.

1. Yes you can boost walk speed with items. I never saw more than 15% faster walk bonus on an item.

2. There is an problem with your laptop. Your mage walks too slow. And not only his walking speed is slow. I can see that everything is slowed down. Have you installed openAL, which is located in the package with the mod?

If not sarcasm so maybe this advice will help.
radicool

Post by radicool »

Basically characters walk very slow, mains character and monsters, spells animation are very slow also.
This is probably because you are running the Belezebub mod in a high resolution. You are zoomed out and can see more of the dungeon and so your character appears smaller and slower. Nothing has changed, just the perspective of the game as changed, giving the illusion that everything has slowed down.

The Belezbub video you posted was running in a resolution smaller than what you were playing in. Keep switching between the two videos and compare side by side. You can tell that your mod is more zoomed out. I like to play Belezebub in the smaller resolution. I could never get use seeing that much of the dungeon at once or the slow walking.

Resolutions (zooming) aside, it appears you are also suffering from some lag. Changing the games FPS will not stop lag. The FPS setting will just allow your graphics card to pump out a higher FPS given your laptop is actually powerful enough to match that FPS. There may be a compatability issue causing your lag or your laptop isn't fast enough to play the game properly.

To fix any lag, try playing the game in a lower resolution. Higher resolutions demand more out of your graphics card. Not only will a lower resolution make things appear faster, but it will reduce lag. If your still lagging, try playing on a different computer. Perhaps the integrated graphics aren't compatible with the game?
monorata

Post by monorata »

Gamma_Corvi wrote:Yes your "joke" was ridiculous. Not funny at all. Andrzej Sapkowski shot in his head with laughter at these words.

1. Yes you can boost walk speed with items. I never saw more than 15% faster walk bonus on an item.

2. There is an problem with your laptop. Your mage walks too slow. And not only his walking speed is slow. I can see that everything is slowed down. Have you installed openAL, which is located in the package with the mod?

If not sarcasm so maybe this advice will help.
thank you both of u.
Has been a laptop perfomance problem, nothing about resolution, problem just fixed itself after close some aplications.

mod is just amazing, i love it. ty
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

Even the most nasty troll in a tribe can be helpful as you can see :roll:
riesa

Post by riesa »

Corvus, don't be such Nihlatak to other users xD
radicool

Post by radicool »

Has been a laptop perfomance problem, nothing about resolution
Ehh, as I was saying, higher resolutions also demand more resources from the computer. If your laptop has performance issues, lowering the resolution may be enough to fix the lag. Anyway, good work finding a solution.