A little proposal

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Fleshdoom

A little proposal

Post by Fleshdoom »

Hello,

I was wondering about ROS nephalem rifts... Looking what belzebub had already achieved, I don't think it is too hard including game mode that features random levels with randomly seeded monsters. I also suppose that several code may be reused to accomplish this. Maybe could be a feature that makes more interesting the game and increases reaplayability.

Thanks in advance
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Yes something similar is already planned. There will be an endgame system that will replace torment difficulty. Basically player that defeats hell will be able to enter huge randomly generated level with scalable difficulty. Details are yet to be decided. :)

However all works on belzebub are halted now because multiplayer version absorbs all resources.
Fleshdoom

Post by Fleshdoom »

BrightLord wrote:Yes something similar is already planned. There will be an endgame system that will replace torment difficulty. Basically player that defeats hell will be able to enter huge randomly generated level with scalable difficulty. Details are yet to be decided. :)

However all works on belzebub are halted now because multiplayer version absorbs all resources.
Thank you, good work and good luck!
Savrok

Post by Savrok »

Yea multiplayer is the most important things, all the rest later : )
Tungle ACC : Fus
Diablo ACC : Bajadoz
Piszę po polsku bo lubię komunikować się w ojczystym języku a nie w "yngielskim".
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Well it's just experimental version that allows full chat suport like whispers, message log, trade and player heros synchronization thats complete. It's purpose was to search for best way to implement multiplayer. That task is now complete. Not sure when works on full multiplayer version begin :(
Savrok

Post by Savrok »

Whatever the version that it is good that you have the time and desire to do something.
Good luck ! : )
Piszę po polsku bo lubię komunikować się w ojczystym języku a nie w "yngielskim".
Sabranan

Post by Sabranan »

I quite agree with Savrok, implementing multiplayer in D1 with full quest support is something no modder I'm aware of has managed to do or even come close to yet. Hell, Blizzard themselves couldn't do it at the time and we ended up with a pretty nerfed multiplayer experience.

Get that working properly and this will be THE mod for Diablo 1. Release the source after you've got a final version you're happy with and you could kickstart a whole host of new D1 mods, maybe even generate the kind of attention this game deserves.

This project is the first one I've ever seen where it seems possible, even likely, that someone will do it.

So kudos to you guys!
radicool

Post by radicool »

Well it's just experimental version that allows full chat suport like whispers, message log, trade and player heros synchronization thats complete. It's purpose was to search for best way to implement multiplayer. That task is now complete. Not sure when works on full multiplayer version begin
In Diablo 1 multiplayer, there was this serious desync issue. I remember playing with somebody and my character would be performing a totally different action in a totally different location compared to the person I was playing with. He'd ask, "Why are you standing still?".
I'd answer, "What? I'm hitting these Succubuses!"
Lol. Then a few moments later, the two players computers would sync together, resulting in barrels exploding, some enemies dying and other enemies teleporting to random areas.

I had these experences on LAN and on BattleNet. Some people wern't aware of the problem until you explained it to them so every1 may not know what I'm talking about. Will works on multiplayer resolve these desync issues?
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

There won't be desynch like that because multiplayer is done differently.
Diablo 1 normaly synchronize invidual players with each other. In this mod multiplayer architecture is different. It's client - server model. In result as long as host player have stable connection there won't be any problems.
radicool

Post by radicool »

There won't be desynch like that because multiplayer is done differently.
Diablo 1 normaly synchronize invidual players with each other. In this mod multiplayer architecture is different. It's client - server model. In result as long as host player have stable connection there won't be any problems.
That's good to hear. Thanks for the brief explanation too. I find computer talk (when dumbed down for someone like me to understand) rather interesting. We use to look at these concepts in IPT at High School.
DREWPICKLES

Post by DREWPICKLES »

Just wanted to jump in here and say when multiplayer is implemented this game will EXPLODE. Tons of people will want to jump in on the diablo train. Especially if it uses a system like the original (meaning games are made and people can join them freely). I can not wait!2222
:)
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Well it's work in progress. It will take awhile because it's not just simple port of the system. It's total rework of network architecture that requires most code to be rewriten. Doing this will greatly enlength whole thing but final result should be much better with less synchronization problems.

Currently there is simple peer to peer version demo that was just a research project. It allows you to chat and see other players and trade just like in diablo2. Ofcourse you can connect to other people by standard multiplayer game without need of connecting to battlenet.

Works on proper multiplayer version are already going on but seriously it will take very long till there is anything to show. :(
radicool

Post by radicool »

I was wondering if this mod will include BattleNet or just LAN?

I'm not a programmer, but won't Battlenet require some sort of server capable of supporting everyone? Players will host their own games to reduce load on this server (unlike Diablo 3 where Blizzard hosts games), but you still need a server to support the chat channels, managing "inactive" characters, wisper functions, etc.

So will Belezebub (or anyone) host a Battlenet for everybody to play, or will we need to use third party programs like Hamachi to play together?
Rycerz

Post by Rycerz »

Old save stays in multiplayers or we have to make new char?
Savrok

Post by Savrok »

Tunngle is the best alternative 4 me
Fom what I've been told that the old characters will be playable in [open] multi player [lan]