Apocalypse

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Teriodis

Apocalypse

Post by Teriodis »

hello

where can I find apocalypse books?

thanks
riesa

Post by riesa »

Terror Domain normal +. It's hard do drop but is possible.
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

I would just like to point out that my sorcerer is on the 10th level of hell difficulty and still hasn't come across a single apocalypse book... so good luck :)

But yes, they can drop as early as normal difficulty terror domain and any time after that like riesa said.
riesa

Post by riesa »

Jof, still not even a single book? Damn... So when i find one then (quoting Cain xD) 'as a token of my gratitude' for all the work you've done here, i'll send you one ;p
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

whaaaaaaaat? still no apoc book...? da fcuk!?
uRa!
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

I've taken it as a challenge by the game to make it through the whole way without the spell...or something.

Edit: Challenge canceled... Apparently the game felt sorry and this finally happened.
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

GJ Jofuss :)
uRa!
Admiral

Book drops

Post by Admiral »

I've gotten six now from the bookcases at the end of the Lost Treasure quest in Hell difficulty. Got my first in Nightmare, but they're far more common in Hell.

Anyone know if Adria sells them at any point?
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

andronnik wrote:GJ Jofuss :)
Yeah the jokes on me... Level 1 apocalypse (even level 3 with a "Lore" shrine) is utterly useless at this level in the game :)
riesa

Post by riesa »

Jokes? No... I can say too that Apocalypse books are very rare so... Yeah, gratz dude. With my second sorc i made today to nightmare dlvl16... Clvl32 and still not even a single book, even that i'm clicking all shelves on my way. And i found only one Blizzard book ;p That 'best' spells are a pain in the arse when we're talking about founding them ;p And yes, on my MF sorc i have slvl3 apoc - useless >;
Constance

Post by Constance »

Hmm I suppose I must be lucky then since my Warrior already has lvl 3 apocalypse while he still never went farther than dungeon level 10 in nightmare.
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

riesa, why do you have a second sorcerer? o.O
uRa!
riesa

Post by riesa »

Because i clicked to many STR and DEX points in my first sorc :P So second one is maxMAG sorc to see what differences are between those two. Oh, of course damage would be main difference but i want to see if this would be relevant or not...
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

riesa wrote:Because i clicked to many STR and DEX points in my first sorc :P So second one is maxMAG sorc to see what differences are between those two. Oh, of course damage would be main difference but i want to see if this would be relevant or not...
If I had the time to play more I would have re-rolled as well. Its really a shame there is NO method of respeccing... All subsequent characters I have made I am terrified to spend stat points.

And on the comment about blizzard, I use to think it was the most useless spell ever... until I got it to a spell level above like 5 (8 now I think?) and now in hell I can't stop using it... I'm addicted.
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

Riesa, from one side the spell and skill dmg will be higher, but from the other side you will be able to read additional books :) so i think it's agood decision, if you spent that many points in other stats.

Jof, yes, blizzard becomes really effective with time :) i also forst thought that it is useless.
uRa!