Bugs and suggestions

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
riesa

Post by riesa »

Thanks Nomic for translating my words into english language instead of my something-near-english ;P I hope now people would udnerstand difference between original Diablo hit-recovery-knockback and Belzebubs hit-revovery-pullforward ;p
radicool

Post by radicool »

Currently, the effect is working for ranged attacks except it is "pulling" the monsters instead of pushing. So you can more or less pull monsters to yourself like a tractor beam
Oh, that makes sense. I have seen this happen when casting lightning on a Zombie. I thought it was some strange affix the Zombie had so he could get to me closer to me, lol.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

It's like that on purpose. Basically now on hit recovery monster is pulled now closer to the attacker regardles if it's ranged or melee. Thought was it always pulling back was OP.
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

Attention, a major bug detected!

After killing Diablo if you use soul stone while having option "play movies" turned off, the game will crash. D:
Constance

Post by Constance »

BrightLord wrote:It's like that on purpose. Basically now on hit recovery monster is pulled now closer to the attacker regardles if it's ranged or melee. Thought was it always pulling back was OP.
Well now it's just extremely dangerous for the player :(
riesa

Post by riesa »

Constance wrote: Well now it's just extremely dangerous for the player :(
Yeah... And negative to all physics books xddd
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

That version in Help required.2 topic has this hit recovery thing fixed
Nomic

Post by Nomic »

Been experiencing a nasty bug with deaths in the new version 1.04 tests. It seems the "death" trigger can happen multiple times, especially when standing in a poison pool. It can also happen that your character "dies" in the middle of a swing, but if you have lifesteal you are able to bring yourself back above 0 and keep living. This also happens with bone spirit and, if you are fast enough, health potions.

The result is often many many many deaths almost instantly (ESPECIALLY when standing in a poison pool) which makes your character drop basically all of your gold in a massive carpet on the floor (it drops half of your gold many many times in an instant) so you end up with a giant carpet of gold on the ground. This sometimes even happens without your character even appearing to die if you are quick on the health potions.
riesa

Post by riesa »

Nomic wrote:Been experiencing a nasty bug with deaths in the new version 1.04 tests. It seems the "death" trigger can happen multiple times, especially when standing in a poison pool. It can also happen that your character "dies" in the middle of a swing, but if you have lifesteal you are able to bring yourself back above 0 and keep living. This also happens with bone spirit and, if you are fast enough, health potions.

The result is often many many many deaths almost instantly (ESPECIALLY when standing in a poison pool) which makes your character drop basically all of your gold in a massive carpet on the floor (it drops half of your gold many many times in an instant) so you end up with a giant carpet of gold on the ground. This sometimes even happens without your character even appearing to die if you are quick on the health potions.
Start to stash gold on every town visit. I did this from demo till open beta 1.02 because i thought that it was same as in D2 ;p It is possible to incorporate it in your 'town-routine' without many effort or time consumed. You should be greatful that death only drops your gold, not your full equipped inventory like in vanilla Diablo ;p
Constance

Post by Constance »

riesa wrote:[…] You should be greatful that death only drops your gold, not your full equipped inventory like in vanilla Diablo ;p
However I wish that behaviour will be back once the game's definitive balance is set.
For there's really nothing to fear if you only lose some gold and a bit of pride when you die.
(Perhaps it should be a setting the user can change, though.)
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

You should be greatful that death only drops your gold, not your full equipped inventory like in vanilla Diablo ;p
However I wish that behaviour will be back once the game's definitive balance is set.
No, NO, NO! Dying as it is right now has the best possible set up. In vanila Diablo going back to get the body/eq back is one of the worst times player can have during his adventures in Diablo. System from D2 featuring the permament loss of EXP is a pain as well.

Although i agree that player should be punished for being not careful enough. I suggest a long debuff for the player character (like 10 minutes) that will affect (reduce) one or more of the following:
- experience gain
- gold drop
- magic find
- attributes

Also Im not sure if its doable, but if it is then this effect could stack. This way dying repetatively would simply force the player to just give up, to start a new game and go back to earlier areas to farm some more.
Last edited by Wingard on 19 Apr, 2014 13:37, edited 1 time in total.
Constance

Post by Constance »

Well having to go grab your stuff back naked in the dungeon, with only spells and the ocasional items you had left on the ground on your way from town to help you survive was kinda exciting, to me at least.
But I knew some people wouldn't like it, hence the suggestion of making it a gameplay setting.
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

Probably the only time where Telekinesis in truly useful. :)

btw. Game could keep up the shameful death count of the hero, somewhere in the Char window.
Constance

Post by Constance »

Wingard wrote:btw. Game could keep up the shameful death count of the hero, somewhere in the Char window.
Indeed, but I thought it should be on a general stats screen, along with the amounts of monsters killed sorted by type, total and highest damage taken or dealt, and such.
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

it should be on a general stats screen, along with the amounts of monsters killed sorted by type, total and highest damage taken or dealt, and such
Isnt this going a bit overboard? : o

Death count should not count deaths caused by using the soulstone imo. I mean assuming they are a normal part of it, im not sure if they are. My hero died after i right clicked soulstone on normal difficulty, but it didnt happen on nightmare so im not sure if its intended or a bug.

Speaking of dying, will we have an option to create a Hardcore character? :) Such hero could have a little Apocalypse spell's skull icon somewhere on the hero icon, just like it can now contain soulstones in the right upper corner.