Bugs and suggestions

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
radicool

Post by radicool »

For suggestion, destination of TP as in Diablo II:
That's a good idea. I second this.
cosi

Post by cosi »

i dont know it may be issued but when i kill champions more than 2 at the same time, after second shaking of screen, game freezes. I am using latest patch. Is there anyway to solve it!
RolaTiviTy
Nikodemsky

Post by Nikodemsky »

[...]
- Griswold almost never has anything worth buying. Drops always beat shops in the Diablo series and that's as it should be, but it'd be nice if he occasionally had some interesting stock. As it is, once you're bringing in enough $ to keep your potions stocked up, there's very little use for your exponentially-growing wealth beyond that.
- Gheed has the same problem. Items are often better than Griswold's, but he never had anything better than the stuff I'd picked up.
[...]
+1 for that.

The main problem for Diablo/Hellfire was that gold never had any real value - you could bought some items on early lvls, then you just getting more gold for no reason(except repairs and potions). Of course you can spend some gold on books, but sooner or later once character have most of spells(on higher lvls) and there's no need for them anymore.

Occasionally Griswold have some rare items - but it's like 1/20 visits maybe? and it's most of the times not even worth buying.

Same goes for Wirt - i don't remember even one time, when he had something actually worth buying, clvl 42 and he's still have some kind of "leather armor +40 fire res." - i mean come on...
polskibyk

Quests

Post by polskibyk »

-Butcher quest not possible to finish, because buycher no exists in dungeon.
-King Leoric is immortal not possible to kill him.
-After leave game character not saved in place where stay at end session.
-Dungeons after leave game always generate and spawn monsters.
This is frustrating.
Obishedo

Post by Obishedo »

-Butcher quest not possible to finish, because buycher no exists in dungeon.
http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/opis-zadan- ... -t394.html
-King Leoric is immortal not possible to kill him.
use Holy Bolt
-After leave game character not saved in place where stay at end session.
Because it is not normal "Diablo". In the future this mod will be only for multiplayer :P
-Dungeons after leave game always generate and spawn monsters.
In "Diablo II" you have this system and is good :P
This is frustrating.
only for you! :P
Ogodei

Post by Ogodei »

There is a small typo : It should be "Amber amulet of EnlightENment"
Pinga

Post by Pinga »

Hello, I was browsing the forum pages. Sorry if I'm posting wrong...

Suggestion
1) I noticed the Witch sells Potions of 10 minutes att. boost... I made a magic finding set for my 20th Necro.
I know it would usurp and abuse the game dynamics having a Potion for Dungeon Walk speed. But sounds like fun to farm, although some players in the future (assuming a multiplay server) would abuse it during PvP or fast level. How is that? after all Warrior 32th level 'Charge' skill allows him to rush against anything, but having in mind other classes except the Sorcerer need stack a lot of Magic points to learn Teleport isn't?
Again this is kind a suggestion for dungeon boss huntings.

2) Maybe I know little yet, but in Diablo Hellfire players used to unlock the monster hive and the crypt. With a level 20 Necro. I already visited some of the side quest dungeons, like the Worms Cellar and the Horazon Sanctuary. I dunno, maybe the mod should add new areas? I'm real noob, maybe there are much more than I expect, or maybe not...

Question
1) I play using headphones and sounds sometimes fade from right of the character screen... is that a game glitch?

2) Are developers going to release a Login server-based or a TCP/IP friendly only multiplayer method for Diablo: Belzeb.?
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

Potion for Dungeon Walk speed
Would be broken in PvP, either buy or die. But much could be done for the singleplayer version ('waypoint minimap icon' or 'Identify all option' to name the few) but unfortunately the developer doesnt give a fk about it anymore, now its all about Tchernobog, the multi version of Belzebub which is a whole new project.
I already visited some of the side quest dungeons, like the Worms Cellar and the Horazon Sanctuary. I dunno, maybe the mod should add new areas?
Uh... Dont you think these are new areas? :) Horazon sanctuary is like nothing else in this game, and the dark forest with Andariel is the only level to use the tristram's tileset. Also there are few möre waiting for you like Island of Sunless sea, River of flame or that temple thingy of Izual.
Adding new path of dungeons breaks the orignial order, so people prefer new and fancy scripted quest levels instead of sets of new areas (with graphic style that is, by the way, not liked by everybody).
radicool

Post by radicool »

But much could be done for the singleplayer version ('waypoint minimap icon' or 'Identify all option' to name the few) but unfortunately the developer doesnt give a fk about it anymore, now its all about Tchernobog, the multi version of Belzebub which is a whole new project.
I don't understand your tone. Whats the point in developing single player any further?
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

What is the version you are playing at the moment? Single player 1.045 for some time now, AND for more than several more months. Its been told that few tweaks wished by the mod community are already in the multi version, so IMO all there is to do is to copy piece of code from one project to the other. Its not like im a programmer that knows what im talking about BUT this all is also not about maintaining two projects at once. Its about releasing one more patch so dem 'more than several more months' are easier for us to pass.
baboun

Post by baboun »

Maybe copying thoses "codes" takes more time than what you think ?

Who cares that you play the same patch without any upgrade since more than just few months ?

I rather see no updates for singleplayer if it helps finishing the multi version sooner.

Stop raging unless it's for the fast run walk in dungeons which is a pain.
riesa

Post by riesa »

baboun, sorry to tell you but walk speed is pain only to few of all players of this mod...
Nikodemsky

Post by Nikodemsky »

I know it would usurp and abuse the game dynamics having a Potion for Dungeon Walk speed.
There's items for "increase moving speed" or smthn like that. Most of them are trash, but hey - it's something ;p

A lot of people actually like slow walking through dungeons - personally i reached point, when i'm not even grabbing gold anymore(i mean what's the point anyway?), only rare/set/unique items and teleport spell is my good friend :)

and yes that would break balance in pvp and probably in SP too, since mobs have different values for speed(till today i hate those behemots with haste and tetra-immunes -_- )
2) Maybe I know little yet, but in Diablo Hellfire players used to unlock the monster hive and the crypt. With a level 20 Necro. I already visited some of the side quest dungeons, like the Worms Cellar and the Horazon Sanctuary. I dunno, maybe the mod should add new areas? I'm real noob, maybe there are much more than I expect, or maybe not...
There's a lot of hate for hellfire expansion and i'm not exactly sure why, same goes for devs - people asked for it many times and afaik there's no plans for hive/crypt/hellfire content. Would be nice if devs would use sprites/tiles from hellfire tho.
1) I play using headphones and sounds sometimes fade from right of the character screen... is that a game glitch?
Ocassionaly i'm experiencing same thing, but i think it's more like game engine related.
Adding new path of dungeons breaks the orignial order, so people prefer new and fancy scripted quest levels instead of sets of new areas (with graphic style that is, by the way, not liked by everybody).
Belzebub is not patch, but mod - new content/bigger changes should be expected.
I don't understand your tone. Whats the point in developing single player any further?
To balance it and make it better overally. But if Tchernobog will contain SP/MP with same content/rules, then yes, there's no point in that. Ofc there's option to play MP same as SP(create game and just play it with one char), but if there will be other rules for MP, then well... we need to wait i guess.
[...] so IMO all there is to do is to copy piece of code from one project to the other.
Pretty sure it's more than that - otherwise Brightlord wouldn't complain on lack of time for both projects. All we can do is wait - i'm already really happy, that i'm able to play original diablo with higher res and with new content, i was 90% sure, that no one will ever do such thing for imho best of Diablo's. In meantime - there's other games, like D2 or Path of Exile for example, but i won't tell anyone what to do :)

As for me - i would really love to hear from time to time about progress, doesn't matter if it would be on FB or forums.
riesa

Post by riesa »

I can say why i hate Hellfire. It just broke whole "Westmarch Lore" or "Diablo Lore" if you want to name it that way. The only think i like from thix expansion that could survive in whole series is Monk. Whole Hive/Crypt quests are like from another dimension. They even not fit into whole Diablo universe if you look subjectively. But... Well... That's just my opinion and many will not agree with me as i read trough all this time.

About the sound... you guys are sure that is not Stereo related thing? That mob is somewhere off the screen so you here them in one channel? Maybe you have too high resolution to fell it?
Pinga

Post by Pinga »

In the whole end there isn't too much difference between playing or developing. In other words there is no good multiplay with a broken/bad single play...

What I meant above is to continue with Belzeb. patches. It has a good potential to continue, I have tried even D2 mods too.
I'm not one of the biggest fans of Diablo out there.

D1 has the closest PvP and style I'm looking for, sorry if I'm begging.
I know posting cannot help or motivate, but seems like developers are more like out time and the solution is to merge projects?
There isn't too much democracy happening, at least in the forum session regarding it, sorry all.
I was expecting to create videos for my youtube channel, to tell all friends I found in another MMO about Diablo 1: Belzeb., but without a positive multiplay method it seems a disappointment, like no debut.

@riesa thanks, I'll check that out later, regarding the sound.