Bugs and suggestions

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
baboun

Post by baboun »

baboun, sorry to tell you but walk speed is pain only to few of all players of this mod...
I understand that frw is less of an issue once you get a teleport book, still it does nothing to improve the game.
If you think more frw would make it too easy, just improve the mob's attackspeed and run/walk speed.
More dynamism wouldnt hurt really. It could be more challenging aswell.
radicool

Post by radicool »

What is the version you are playing at the moment? Single player 1.045 for some time now, AND for more than several more months.
Dude, I'm pretty sure I can wait a few months if thats what it takes. Enjoy what you have and stop being rude to the devs and demanding more. It will come in time.
Its been told that few tweaks wished by the mod community are already in the multi version, so IMO all there is to do is to copy piece of code from one project to the other
I'm sure its not a 5 minute job to implement these tweaks. Its work that the devs don't need to do. Updating both mods is extra. Give them a break. Its their project, let them persue it how they please.
Its about releasing one more patch so dem 'more than several more months' are easier for us to pass.
As I said. Let's be patient and wait it out. They don't need to supply you with updates until we get multiplayer. Find something else to do.
To balance it and make it better overally. But if Tchernobog will contain SP/MP with same content/rules, then yes, there's no point in that. Ofc there's option to play MP same as SP(create game and just play it with one char), but if there will be other rules for MP, then well... we need to wait i guess.
I assumed that Tchernobog would have single player mode as well in case you had noone else to play with. It seems strange to have 2 seperate mods 1 for single player and 1 for multiplayer, where one is less developed than the other. I suppose the devs adding single player into Tchernobog is essentially the same thing as devloping Belzebub and Tchernobog at the same time which is time consuming. I'm not sure. I think a dev needs to answer this.
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

I'm not sure. I think a dev needs to answer this.
Same here, so lets wait for a word from him.
Martim

Post by Martim »

About those game crashes that are happening and no one knows the reason: I noticed that every time I'm on torment, dlvl 16, mp10 and one of the monsters are those Pit Lords (the green balrog) the game always chashes at some point. I don't think it's a coincidence this time. Has anyone noticed something with this kind of monster?
Nomic

Post by Nomic »

About those game crashes that are happening and no one knows the reason: I noticed that every time I'm on torment, dlvl 16, mp10 and one of the monsters are those Pit Lords (the green balrog) the game always chashes at some point. I don't think it's a coincidence this time. Has anyone noticed something with this kind of monster?
Are you referring to "unbind_buffer,, OpenAL invalid operation." crashes?

I can't pinpoint it EXACTLY but I know it has something to do with being hit while loading a new level.
If you enter a Town Portal or a staircase, there is a period where you can still be hit, and you can even hear whats going on in the background still, but the screen will show the loading animation. If you get hit a few times during this period the game will almost certainly crash and give one of these errors.

It may also have to do with certain spells being proc'ed from being hit (My armor casts stone curse sometimes on monsters that strike me). Ive been testing it for a while and still cant pinpoint it but I know it has something to do with being hit while moving between levels. Since the window is called "sfx error" I assume its something to do with playing the sound...this could be the hero sounds or one of the sounds from a spell being cast but it only happens to me while im moving between levels.
Martim

Post by Martim »

I think so, but I can't actually read if that massage says "unbind_buffer,, OpenAL invalid operation." But Brightlord said before
These kinds of crashes are mostly related to openAl library on specific computers. Unfortunately I don't know what is wrong with it.
That you described never happend to me, but I'll try to do it to see if it also happens on my machine. And I'm sure now that, at least on my machine, Pit Lords crash the game, it may take a while, but I can never complete the dungeon.

I'm trying to find a pattern to these crashes, but I don't know if it helps to fix them.
iwish7284

Suggestions

Post by iwish7284 »

First, great work on the mod!

As a developer, I know how annoying it is to write something in your free time only to have people demanding more. With that said there are two minor changes that would greatly impact my gameplay.

1. The new shop window looks great; however, shopping now takes me 10 times longer. It take me a while to look at every item. Is it possible to add an option to display contents as a list? It would make a big difference in the amount of time it takes when I'm looking to replace a single item type.

2. Allow respec. There is limited information on item requirements and how the character stats interact with various components of the game engine. It would be nice to have at least 1 respec per character.

Is there a list of implemented/planned features in the Multiplayer version that's in development? I think it would be helpful for new members of the forum to look at that before "beating a dead horse" with suggestions.

Thanks for making the mod.
Lagencie

Post by Lagencie »

at the previous post ...

yeah i can just underline this - shoping takes much longer than with the old list.

But i would just love a option to sell with rightclick / shift leftclick or whatever - this way the shop can be in the "diablo 2 style" and still be accessable fast

Any updates on Multiplayer modus? when it will come, when we can note our holidays ^^ hehe
p1_p1_p1

Post by p1_p1_p1 »

another bugs - i have sword and buckler, and sword durability is just 1 and just it go to 0 so sword is unusable and im fighting only with buckler, so i go behind corner and i use repair skill on sword and - shit happend ! im still fighting only with buckler !

Sad same problem with scrolls - when i select some scroll and use it and i dont have any more scroll and when i press that mouse button i create town portal or shot fireball etc. from spells ! but i have nothing selected for right mouse button!

another problem with weapon set switching W:
when i switch weapon my selected spell for right button action is UNSET just now Sad
p1_p1_p1

Post by p1_p1_p1 »

another bug sometimes game crashes when i enter into town portal with some "unbind_buffer,, OpenAL invalid operation" error - looks like some openAL bug in code :P

LEVEL LOADING PROCEDURE INITIALIZED

LOADING OF 21 LEVEL STARTED. SEED = 0
Loading tileset resources
Loading animtileset resources
Finished loading item resources
Loading 3 effect resource
Loading 5 effect resource
Loading 55 object resource
Loading 47 object resource
Loading 11 object resource
Loading 12 object resource
Loading 6 object resource
Loading 51 object resource
Loading 15 object resource
Loading 122 monster resource
Loading 17 monster resource
Loading 16 monster resource
Loading 112 monster resource
Loading 15 monster resource
Finished loading monster resources
Binding objects to level
Binding monsters to level
Binding portals to level
Binding effects to level
Binding missiles to level
Binding players to level
Binding npcs to level
Processing onload level events
started equipment requirement scan
finished equipment requirement scan
Started event processing
Finished event processing
Finished processing onload level events
Enabling interface action handler
Initial sight update
LOADING COMPLETE

UNLOADING OF 21 LEVEL STARTED
UNLOADING COMPLETE

LEVEL LOADING PROCEDURE INITIALIZED

LOG END AT = 2015-01-17-10-55-11
Last edited by p1_p1_p1 on 17 Jan, 2015 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
p1_p1_p1

Post by p1_p1_p1 »

when i open sash with ~ and talk to pepin/griswold etc. sash is closed again and i can see only one line :P its realy annoying and it happands in battle too :P
p1_p1_p1

Post by p1_p1_p1 »

another bug: when i take mouse on blood or mana glass bottle of character i can see something like HEALTH 145.0 OF 150.0 ... but when i have some thing that regenerates life and i have mouse over that bottle i can see that bottle is repainted - blood level grows up but text stills on HEALTH 145.0 OF 150.0 ...
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

Dude, dont make multiple posts in a row, use the "Edit" button!
Franavalon

Post by Franavalon »

IMHO, a good idea would be that Pepin the healer and Adria the wich fill your HP or MP automatically when you talk with them instead to select the option to fill the HP or MP.
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

Book of Infravision. Yeah, yeah, I know, it wasn't in the original Diablo either, and yeah, there are many feature requests with higher prio (more spell hotkeys, please!), but this really would make me super happy.
Plus I really don't see the original Diablo's designers' rationale for NOT having the book for this particular spell. It feels like a really arbitrary decision that should be corrected :crosses fingers:

BTW thanks so much for making this mod, your work is fantastic. Dziekuje!