Bugs and suggestions

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Gamma_Corvi

some bugs

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

I found this "cauldron shrine" bugged:

http://i.imgur.com/qVJB76G.jpg

Why in the description of the skeletons inflict 210-396 damage and in fact I never noticed that any of them did at least 200 dmg?

http://i.imgur.com/ZnoLXI4.jpg

And now something that I think will improve the mood to each of You. Anyway, I choked up with a beer when I saw it the first time. I present to You an... http://i.imgur.com/c6X6jIh.jpg
radicool

Post by radicool »

I found this "cauldron shrine" bugged:
What's wrong with it? Btw, how do you have vision of those areas outside your range? Is it a necromancer spell?
Why in the description of the skeletons inflict 210-396 damage and in fact I never noticed that any of them did at least 200 dmg?
I suppose this would mean the monsters have some form of damage reduction like armor or something. Unless of course your necro deals the "right" amount of damage while the skeletons do not?
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

There is damage reduction which is based on attacker level vs defender level ratio. Necro is way too easy at this time but remember that it's still beta. He will be rebalanced for multiplayer version together with mage to better fit with rest of classes.
Constance

Post by Constance »

radicool wrote:What's wrong with it?
"Lightning resistance shrine
Increased fire resistance"
radicool wrote:Btw, how do you have vision of those areas outside your range? Is it a necromancer spell?
That's just how it is when you use a high resolution. The player is not the only light source, so are unique monsters or their dead bodies, and of course torches etc. so everything beyond your light radius is not necessarily dark (as there is no war fog).
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

Nobody noticed a typo in the name of Image or is this a joke from your site Brightlord?
I am personally surprised that MEALSTORM doesn't throw food at me but bolts of lightning.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

I don't know how this name change could happen.
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

I sensed the irony in Your reply and typed "mealstorm" in the search field. Nomic noticed it before. All in all this is not strange, because when I had no contact with the virtual world for half a year, people here have already reached maximum levels of their characters. Mea culpa.

I'm finishing lvl 48 and some minutes ago monster dropped the last missing piece of Rhatma set, and in my head an idea appeared. It's really the perfect set for the necromancer, so maybe lets add to it the "act of transformation" and use for this animation arch-lich from Hellfire expansion? In diablo 2 Necromancer became a Ghoul Lord when he was dressed in Trang-Oul set. Here are the available animations of the Arch Lich and Lich. Maybe even the whole set would allow use attack, which normally Arch Lich use? The other idea is animation of one of the magicians like Advocate which use staff just like in Rhatma set, but there is one problem - no walking animation. What do You think Bright?
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

mealstorm
Yeah this joke was made before, for example heres the sorceror casting that for his rogue: http://ko.i1.fdbimg.pl/oen3hk_kkdrvb.jpg

Gamma_Corvi wrote:use for this animation arch-lich from Hellfire expansion?
Graphics from Helfire dont really fit the art style of vanilla Diablo, and the animations are clunky.
Although - as i always been saying - i think one expection should be made for the Crypt levels since they look reeally climatic imo. :)
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

Hellfire is not so bad, if this would be built on Blizzard's license and had unlocked the multiplayer option, each of us would play it, let's not be hypocrites. In my opinion the extension is done very well from the graphic design site. Besides, one of these as you call them "clunky" animations, has already been used to Trang-Oul set. Have you didn't noticed? I did not notice any objection or whining from players because of this. I think that advantage of many of the benefits of Hellfire could be used in the production of this mod. Unless Brighlord plans to add later Hellfire as a separate appendix to the revised version of Diablo on which he works at the moment.
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

Dude, you mean the winged skeleton? Get your facts straight, his graphic and animations set were created for the vanilla diablo! Thats the reason of why they got used in Belzebub.

Hellfire was not bad but it was not an expansion Diablo deserved. It was simply not as good as it should be.
Fleshdoom

Post by Fleshdoom »

I think that just a couple of animations are clunky like the gravedigger and the tomb rat. For me, lichs and iron golems are badass. I also really liked the crypt tileset. Its atmosphere was very dark. I know that many players really disliked the nest: I agree with them, it was nothing spectacular. Though I think that nest graphic fits way better than cave for the "invasion of the worms" quest.

I had already your same thought gamma_corvy: arch lich animation fits perfectly for a necromancer act of transformation. I feel also that incenerator fits well for a mage transformation, or a counselor maybe.
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

Best badass from Hellfire is this guy - Image Satyr Lord.
Though I think that nest graphic fits way better than cave for the "invasion of the worms" quest.

Perfectly written, my friend, I totally agree with you and I think that the texture should be mandatory used for this quest. But if the task is to get rid of the filthy vermin, maybe we should get rid of the real bugs?
For example maybe this cheerful bunch should be waiting for us inside the infested cellar? - Image Image Image Image
Arch Lich animation fits perfectly for a necromancer act of transformation.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Fleshdoom

Post by Fleshdoom »

I knew about satyr lord but i did not say it because his graphics are inside diabdat.mpq :p
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

His look is worth an really rare and amazing set.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Some hellfire assets can be used for belzebub mod expansion some day which will not be based on hellfire storyline.