Can't run http://mod.diablo1.eu.org/download/

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
vedaviz

Can't run http://mod.diablo1.eu.org/download/

Post by vedaviz »

Hello everyone.
I just downloaded 2 files from http://mod.diablo1.eu.org/download/
and copied them into Diablo folder. I have different versions of Diablo - diablo 1.09, - it didn't work, also tried diablo 1.00 russian - also didn't work...
is it a problem with my hardware?
i have video card with 256 megabytes video ram - intel 945 gma, integrated into laptop (fujitsu amilo pro ...), diablo is working well there.
I run here MODs for diablo - diablohack - which allows me to pass through walls in diablo-1 v1.09, I can use "tele-walk" - so when I click somewhere - my hero automatically goes there... immediately. there other hacks to give all kinds of spells at once, all kinds of powers like money, levels etc etc. freeze monsters etc.
by the way I even tried to edit Diablo.exe file, to change names of monsters like... name of Skeleton into "Lenin", so it is fun, that I open Sarcophagus, and instead of skeleton it written Lenin is risin' (just like from Mavzoleum ;-)) ... and similarly I added few other atheists names instead of names of monsters, so even on first level I see KarlMarx, I see Engels, and MAo Zedon instead of zombie, scavanger, fallen one etc...
I find it rather funny =-)
I also changed a butcher into Duluman - he was some atheist who said someone like me and also priests must be killed, so I feel I have to include him into game so that he is killed for being no better than demon...
Yes, and I tried to change names and heros in Town - that also works! instead of witch I placed that another woman in town who is just talking. all that is interesting.

so I tried mods, and I want to try some more... I played today with few Hex-editors, even with programs which can read from Diablo-exe process, and write into it, though there is DiabloHack.exe which can load .DAT files, and apply those hacks, so I don't have to go deep into code...

So I tried to run your addon - I have seen how you added options like in diablo 2 - to move to another places through "checkpoint", added some stuff - all that is nice! how do you do that?

if you like I can tell you where you can download diablo 1 v1.09 with mods - so there you can do all kinds of things. but. can you say how do you all run your mod? which version should I use? which ver of diablo-1? why your computers runs it and mine doesn't? I have 1,5 GB RAM. So it must work! (diablo 3 didn't work though).

by the way, you know there is one MOD for Diablo-1 - called THE HELL - it has a lot of new monsters. just like on very first level you can see some JINNs (like those from Alladdin's lamp) and kill em... though may be they are evil Jinns, not good Jinns... etc etc...

I find Diablo one of best games (maybe few other good games I liked most are Warcraft and Heroes of might and magic)...
I tried to apply a "trainer" - so it can add any item to diablo, or change any characteristics of hero or items. almost any. it is some fun of course.

can you provide full ISO of your game - so we can download it completely? because if you suggest that we need some additional diablo installed - we don't know which version you have installed. maybe it is some patched version or whatever, so thus your diablo doesn't work...

of course if you simply do it for yourself, then it is up to you if you don't support us... but I saw your mod - how you zoom in out in town, changed some pictures in game - it is interesting how you did it...
I know hackers can do a lot... Anonymous hackers can even hack FBI haha... so to hack Diablo - is not so hard relatively I see. but still...
say, I tried to change Adria witch into some "yogi" which was sitting right near starting point in town - still it bugged and crashed whole game. so it seems some resources are incompatible. but how do you do all that?
I have som knowledge of programming, even ASsembler. I know some game engine like Unity3d. and A.I. but how do you do it all?

By the way, I think if game Diablo will be popular within China, and people there will think that when they play Diablo they are actually killing Lenin, Engels. Marx, Mao and communist party of China, Chinese communism (atheism) will be destroyed =-)

so, why your Diablo mod from http://mod.diablo1.eu.org/download/ is not working on my PC? =-(((( :(
radicool

Post by radicool »

You need to copy diabdat.mpq file into your mod folder. If you open your diablo cd you can copy it out of there. Of course this means you need a legit copy of the original diablo 1. Once you've you've done that, you run an exe file within the folder (forgot the name. Im on my mobile phone right now ). Then your good to go. Run the belzebub.exe file and play.

Don't know why it took you an essay of writing to ask that. And im not sure the devs will be happy about you cheating their mod. Play legit, its more fun that way.