Finding specific items

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Jenny Wakeman

Finding specific items

Post by Jenny Wakeman »

I m having a hard time finding Milabrega scepter, someone has a clue about a places where to farm, i just don t to find it, maybe someone has it and can give me a hint :P
riesa

Post by riesa »

Look in places that scepteres are dropped. Then try to equip more MF.
Jenny Wakeman

Post by Jenny Wakeman »

I already did that, i found a lot of set scepters (about 6) but for some reason all of them are from the infernal set, I m farming night cata and caves whit different MP, but no luck, maybe the developers know something about the ilvl ?
MazuR

Post by MazuR »

it doesn's exist :( i can't find it too.
riesa

Post by riesa »

Jenny Wakeman wrote:I already did that, i found a lot of set scepters (about 6) but for some reason all of them are from the infernal set, I m farming night cata and caves whit different MP, but no luck, maybe the developers know something about the ilvl ?
In original Diablo there was a thing with some uniques... ie there were 2 unique rings (it's example, i don't remember exactly which items was hurt by those mechanics) and when you started a new game and you dropped unique ring it was ALWAYS Ring1. You close the game, made a new one, found another unique ring and it was ALWAYS Ring1. You just need to find in the same game another unique ring to have chances for Ring2. Propably it's same with those scepters.
Jenny Wakeman

Post by Jenny Wakeman »

In original Diablo there was a thing with some uniques... ie there were 2 unique rings (it's example, i don't remember exactly which items was hurt by those mechanics) and when you started a new game and you dropped unique ring it was ALWAYS Ring1. You close the game, made a new one, found another unique ring and it was ALWAYS Ring1. You just need to find in the same game another unique ring to have chances for Ring2. Propably it's same with those scepters.
Maybe y re right, but the problem is that the drop whit them is rare, i don t see myself finding in a game more than one. Maybe if i collect 4-5 of them and id them all together, i will get something diff not the same item ? Milabrega scepter ilvl is 21, infernal ilvl 23, all the unid scepters i found had the ilvl 23, didn t found 21 ilvl scepter yet, or maybe that doesn t count, or ...
MazuR

Post by MazuR »

it's strange because everyone has 3/4 Milabrega set except Scepter...
riesa

Post by riesa »

Jenny Wakeman wrote: Maybe y re right, but the problem is that the drop whit them is rare, i don t see myself finding in a game more than one. Maybe if i collect 4-5 of them and id them all together, i will get something diff not the same item ? Milabrega scepter ilvl is 21, infernal ilvl 23, all the unid scepters i found had the ilvl 23, didn t found 21 ilvl scepter yet, or maybe that doesn t count, or ...
It's not working this way. While unid item drops it gets it's name and stats. Ao you won't get Milabrega's scepter this way.
Your sentence on ilvl might be the clue. BrightLord, can you say sth about this? Even 'try to drop scepters on lesser diff/dlvl' if this is true? :P
TheBrightLord

Post by TheBrightLord »

Unfortunately item drop system was a bit stupid and is changed in 1.04.

Basically if there are 2 possible set scepters of same item type for qlvl range, it will only drop one with higher qlvl. Infernal torch is 33ilvl and Milabrega is 31ilvl. It means only monsters with drop capabilities of ilvl 31-32 can drop Milabregas.
riesa

Post by riesa »

TheBrightLord wrote:Unfortunately item drop system was a bit stupid and is changed in 1.04.

Basically if there are 2 possible set scepters of same item type for qlvl range, it will only drop one with higher qlvl. Infernal torch is 33ilvl and Milabrega is 31ilvl. It means only monsters with drop capabilities of ilvl 31-32 can drop Milabregas.
I was asking real BrightLord (;
Jenny Wakeman

Post by Jenny Wakeman »

It means only monsters with drop capabilities of ilvl 31-32 can drop Milabregas
So which are these monsters, diff, Mp ?
Jenny Wakeman

Post by Jenny Wakeman »

It would be very helpful if someone could post some information about ilvl, qlvl, mlvl, dlvl, etc. and how can we find specific items knowing them.
Jenny Wakeman

Post by Jenny Wakeman »

Found some information:

ILVL - item level. For example if an item has an ILVL of 10, only monsters of level 10 or more, or corresponding dungeon objects or floor generated-items can spawn this item.

QLVL - quality level. This is what items have when they are not white, i.e. magical or unique. Jarulf's Guide refers to all items with QLVL but ILVL is mentioned too, so I think it's reasonable to have both of them here for clarification and maybe to make some examples simpler. Also, like mentioned before, non-white items have a different ILVL and a QLVL and they may be different from each other.

MLVL - monster level. MLVL is what determines both ILVL and QLVL (non-monster item drops have different rules which are unknown to me). An item cannot have a higher ILVL/QLVL than the monster who dropped it, or MLVL = ILVL/QLVL, never MLVL < ILVL/QLVL

Milabrega scepter QLVL=21

QLVL is always equal to MLVL, ILVL depends on difficulty mode because monsters can drop higher base items on Night, Hell, Torment not to forget about the MP increase

We got a monster database?
riesa

Post by riesa »

Lol! After more than a week not playing Belzebub i've started making lostr treasure chests runs. Found some set items and put them in my stash... Guess what. Milabrega's Orb is foundable <; I can't remember where i found it specifically, but if i found it (i have such less luck in my life... especially in 'drop' games) everyone can find it.
sarcrofs

Post by sarcrofs »

I know, this is a BIG necro post (but I am a fan of necromancers... just kidding), maybe someone have the same questions, I found the Milabrega's Rod killing Izual, IDK if can make runs Izual, but if can, you can get Milabrega's from him. 30% mf btw.