Stone Curse and Golem 1.033

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Jofuss

Stone Curse and Golem 1.033

Post by Jofuss »

I would like to submit that, based on my current experience in late Nightmare, the balance of Stone Curse and Golem seem to be improved and yet has remained not overpowered in 1.033.

I see significantly less immunity on lesser champions and whatnot.

Golem has gained the ability to last longer than short few seconds in 1 on 1 situations.

They have become a usable option for "Immune Fire, Lightning, Cold, Magic" mobs without becoming overpowered. I would never use it unless I have to because it takes so long to melee down the mob with a sorcerer even with a halfway decent weapon. It at least works well enough though now that if even after elemental drain the mob is still immune to fire/lightning I don't have to lure it into a corner and teleport out and have to skip killing it altogether.

Its still rough with magic/poison enchanted though with all those acid puddles stacking up so fast. Even lightning enchanted isn't as bad. This part is not a complaint though so don't get me wrong. I just know to bring down a metric shit ton of potions when I see one of them. :)

With how little risk there is when stone cursing a mob, there has to be a serious downside and having it be very slow killing is perfect in my opinion.

Not that I think it needs it at the moment, but if there were any other changes that increased its usability, you might counteract it by doubling armor or giving a damage reduction ability to it? Just a thought.