Beginner Tipps, please :)

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Ludi

Beginner Tipps, please :)

Post by Ludi »

Hi,

so.. i reallyl ike this mod, but i have a few questions:

i play a warrior and on the later hell levels especially lvl 17 its impossible to kill the warping mages so i increased my magic stats and now i can use lvl 8 lightning and lvl 4 firewall... for the mages i make as much walls as possible and they will teleport into a firewall and die.. but its still pretty hard and i m playing on normal

do i have to level up my char to a higher level??

or do you have an tipps for me??

here are my stats

LVL:26
SPS:139

STR: 103
MAGIC:87
DEX:80
VIT:98

RES:
75% MAGIC
75% Fire
32% Lightning
32% Cold

Live: 296
Mana: 82
Jenny Wakeman

Post by Jenny Wakeman »

You should try to built a sorc, it s easyer , i got a sorc in torment and i equip other chars whit nice items, sets. Sorc always ez !
Ludi

Post by Ludi »

Jenny Wakeman wrote:You should try to built a sorc, it s easyer , i got a sorc in torment and i equip other chars whit nice items, sets. Sorc always ez !
i thought sorcerer would be tougher because of the low hit points.. but i gonna try it :D
riesa

Post by riesa »

Ludi wrote:
Jenny Wakeman wrote:You should try to built a sorc, it s easyer , i got a sorc in torment and i equip other chars whit nice items, sets. Sorc always ez !
i thought sorcerer would be tougher because of the low hit points.. but i gonna try it :D
That's why Mana Shield is crucial on sorc.
Ludi

Post by Ludi »

riesa wrote:
Ludi wrote:
That's why Mana Shield is crucial on sorc.
ohh thanks for the info..

but yeah with a sorc. its much easier just killed leoric on lvl 7 as a warrior i had problems with lvl 17...
Jenny Wakeman

Post by Jenny Wakeman »

Try to farm the 3 chests from Lost Treasure Q, y can get nice drops, repeat and repeat, and try to equip mf, and y re on the way to night.
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

I really don't get why people say sorc is so much easier than warrior.
Yes, succubi and mages are annoying, but I simply lure succubi behind a wall and deal with them easily, and mages are annoying for everyone, not only warrior.

Sorcerer is a properly made glass canon, warrior is properly made steel wall.
It's true that sorc generaly deals with enemies faster, but then again my warrior can basically stand in the middle of 15+ enemies (champions / unique incuded) and clear them with minimum hp and mana loss due to health and mana drain.

Perhaps switching Charge with some lower tier skill could be good idea.
PURPLOYD

Post by PURPLOYD »

SlapZ wrote: Sorcerer is a properly made glass canon, warrior is properly made steel wall.
I think the real glass cannon is Rouge. If anything gets too close to my Rogue - DONE on nightmare. My sorc at least can take quite a bit of a hits thanks to mana shield.
angra

Post by angra »

As warrior you have 3 ways to deal with ranged enemies on low levels before obtaining charge skill
1. Use magic. But do not spend a lot of points in it. You need to have special gear set with +MAG to read books and some +mana(not MAG) for battle
2. Use bows. Actually you are not too inferior to rogue with bows. So just use them in second slot
3. Use tactic. Lure them around walls and corners and put them if hit rocevering state by your blows. Attack them in internal corners using diagonal direction. They can not run or teleport if you do this right.
Ludi

Post by Ludi »

on which level (player) the mana shield spell will start to drop??

hmm yeahh but i think mage is much easier to play then warrior..
Admiral

Stats

Post by Admiral »

What are some recommendations for Warrior stat distribution at level up? I feel it's a bit different in this mod given the removal of stat caps and the lack of Elixirs. In vanilla D1, Dex was the most important Warrior stat and was fairly easy to max on its own. Since it's uncapped here, does it make sense to grow Dex at about the same rate as Str? Should any points be invested into Vit?
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

on which level (player) the mana shield spell will start to drop??

hmm yeahh but i think mage is much easier to play then warrior..
Manashield is an innate skill on the sorcerer now. You gain it from leveling up to a certain level. I do not recall the exact level but I seem to think it was in the low to mid teens. I'm sure someone will come along to give an exact level for you.

The sorcerer has its strengths in ease of play just as the other classes do. Each one can be easy in its own right if played optimally and suits your playstyle.

Conversely each can be a nightmare to play if you are not as strategic and skillful of a player with the style of play that works best for that particular class.
What are some recommendations for Warrior stat distribution at level up? I feel it's a bit different in this mod given the removal of stat caps and the lack of Elixirs. In vanilla D1, Dex was the most important Warrior stat and was fairly easy to max on its own. Since it's uncapped here, does it make sense to grow Dex at about the same rate as Str? Should any points be invested into Vit?
Unfortunately I haven't gotten very far with a warrior (or barbarian) yet in belzebub so I can only go on my experiences from lower levels of those classes as well as experiences of higher levels as a sorcerer.

Dexterity: From what I have seen, I'm not convinced you need to invest any points into dexterity at all. I have come across items with over 100% additional chance to hit on a single item. I would literally limit my investment in dexterity on a warrior to the minimum to equip the gear I want to use without having to constantly play the "equip special dex gear" game and have to sacrifice other stats.

Strength: Strength seemed like a wonderful place to dump stat points except I haven't seen much items so far on my trip that require much more than a hundred strength. When you take into account wearing items with +all stats and whatnot, I don't see a need for massive strength scores. It is also nice to have the additional physical damage from additional strength, but it will be marginal from my experience compared to the differences between different weapons and types of enchanted magical damages on them.

Magic (barbarian is easy since you cant put points in anyway): I would try really hard to refrain from putting any points in... at first it will be hard but with +all stats gear and +mana you accidentally got from that ring or your belt or whatnot, you will easily have enough mana to heal and town portal.

Vitality: Well I guess the remaining might as well go here?

I hope if I am blatantly wrong that someone will steer you in the correct direction.
angra

Post by angra »

STR is worse stat of all. Invest in it only for item requirement.

DEX is good stat for warrior. It give you same +damage and +block as STR but also provide +ToHit and +AC.

VIT is neccessary to survive devastating attacks. But it can be substituted with +life items. So it is very equipment depended.

MAG is not good for warrior. Mana steal and dark pact should provide enough mana for skills and healing spell. Fire and lightning walls looks like very powefull spells for killing at normal as you can just stand right before wall and watch boss dying in few seconds. But immunities on higher levels of difficulty ruin this tactic.
Ludi

Post by Ludi »

ok another question .. what is the best way to kill this hellknight "bloodlord" my flamewave (lvl4) or flamewall (lvl11) dont do enough dmg.. and if he gets me he stuns my mage and he does like 10 hits in a row and i cant cast or move...

and what are the max lvls for spells?? 17??

may mage has 192 in magic, 487 mana and 130 HP and is lvl 27

and i play on normal..
Gamar

Post by Gamar »

My good sir basic spllvl which you get witch books is 15, but if you count items well, lets say in specific configurations you can have lvl 30 or higher, on certain spells. :)