Rogue stuck on Seal 1 boss, Doomguard (normal dif)

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
PURPLOYD

Rogue stuck on Seal 1 boss, Doomguard (normal dif)

Post by PURPLOYD »

Title basically says it all.
Feels like a brick wall.
Any tips? Can't get past this guy.
Also haven't had a bow upgrade since forever, still using in a lvl 9 bow with 30 lightning and very fast attack (which I feel is crucial). Keep getting shit from Gheed gambles.
DREWPICKLES

Post by DREWPICKLES »

I just started a rogue. You definitely need to stack some magic resist. Also i found that standing far away and spamming guided arrows can kill him from afar (hopefully). If he backs you into a corner switch to multishot and pray :P
:)
PURPLOYD

Post by PURPLOYD »

DREWPICKLES wrote:I just started a rogue. You definitely need to stack some magic resist. Also i found that standing far away and spamming guided arrows can kill him from afar (hopefully). If he backs you into a corner switch to multishot and pray :P
Any tips on where to get a better bow? I find that anything below very fast attack speed is just a waste. Meaning, Hunter Bows or high increase in Attack Speed.
PURPLOYD

Post by PURPLOYD »

Okay, finally got through Normal difficulty.

Is it just me or is Rouge against bosses just the worst? I mean, I had a lot of trouble killing the Seal bosses even with Guided arrow and I downed Bloodlord ONLY by constantly running in a circle with him which looked like something taken out of a Benny Hill sketch. Only the mage guy was easy and boy, let me tell ya about Diablo.

If I hadn't been lucky enough to have him glitch just around the corner and have enough mana pots to kill him with guided arrow, I would still be on normal difficulty unable to get to Nightmare cuz Diablo was a huge brick wall even with huge resistances on me. I have no idea how I would have otherwise killed him because he just drained my life in mere seconds with almost anything he did.
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

I'm still not even quite sure how I managed to kill him with a sorcerer at the time... Every attempt I was dying like.... instantly and couldn't do any damage to him... and then one "Restart in town" later it was like butter... Complete 180 turn and was super easy.

Just somehow manage to hit the spells in the right order and mana pots correctly or something.

I can only imagine the hell (pun intended) a rogue must be on some of these guys... At least I can elemental drain and stack 83,162 fire/lightning walls when things get bad and spam potions until it dies... What can a rogue do? Get there face smashed in while poking the guy for 27 damage a couple times a second...

I played the rogue for the 4 level demo and it was O.K. but I can't imagine the later levels.
PURPLOYD

Post by PURPLOYD »

Jofuss wrote:I'm still not even quite sure how I managed to kill him with a sorcerer at the time... Every attempt I was dying like.... instantly and couldn't do any damage to him... and then one "Restart in town" later it was like butter... Complete 180 turn and was super easy.

Just somehow manage to hit the spells in the right order and mana pots correctly or something.

I can only imagine the hell (pun intended) a rogue must be on some of these guys... At least I can elemental drain and stack 83,162 fire/lightning walls when things get bad and spam potions until it dies... What can a rogue do? Get there face smashed in while poking the guy for 27 damage a couple times a second...

I played the rogue for the 4 level demo and it was O.K. but I can't imagine the later levels.
Kinda sucks since Rouge has always been my favourite character but I have considered rolling a mage with hopes of getting further, finding some better gear and then getting back to my rouge. I have found some set items for mage that combined will help me ease some leveling with the mage.
Constance

Post by Constance »

Hey there .o/

I'm playing a Rogue too, lvl 30 at the moment, and I have to agree : many bosses are just too hard until you get enough armor to prevent them from hitting you. That one in the first seal in Diablo's level also made me ragequit just the other day, and I also had to run around the Warlord of Blood and some stairs to kill him with guided arrows and prevent him from killing me in one charge - even though Fleshdoom, on the same level, was almost no trouble at that time.
Sometimes taking a sword and a high defense shield makes it easier, but this time I guess my stuff isn't good enough yet :/
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

I understand the need for variety in difficulty of mobs and whatnot... but when you get a "Haste / Bloodlust / Mastery / Extra Strong" all at the same time... immune to magic, fire, lightning and cold... yeah... thats kindof foolish and may have caused a ragequit or twelve on my part. At least stonecurse is a viable option now although when they are magic and lightning enchanted both at the same time... well... that makes for a lot of returned damage from melee even after resists.

I also love when you fire/lightning wall a lightning and magic enchanted mob you immediately are set upon by a stream of dozens of acid balls and charged bolts flying at you within a second. That may have also caused a ragequit or 50.