Warp Bug and Feedback

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
radicool

Warp Bug and Feedback

Post by radicool »

Bug:

The "Warp" ability allows you to teleport to the closer staircase. This can cause problems. For example, if it takes you to The Chamber of Bone within the catacombs before you have opened the walls which block it off. Then your kind of stuck. If you have no town portal scroll, you have to restart the game. This could also be a problem for level 14 (hell) I think. The staircase to the next level is blocked until you read a book about the demon which drinks blood or something. Havent actually got stuck there yet, but I suppose it's possible if you can get stuck in the chamber of bone.

Balance:

I've always found those teleporting mage looking dudes in hell to be the most horrible units. They are soo tedious to fight its not funny. You may not have much of a problem with them if your ranged, but they still have like a 0 second cooldown on their tp. It's just frustrating. I remember playing a Warrior and fighting those things just made me want to quit. Walking to hit it twice, then it tps to the other side of the room. Then you walk over to him again. It's great having unique monsters to fight, but the teleporting is just tedious and wastes the player's time. Not a fun gameplay mechanic and to warriors! Those poor souls...

Maybe add a small cooldown to their teleport abilility. And for those poor warriors, alter their behaviour specific to meele heroes or something so they maybe dont teleport as far, or at all. You may need to up their HP or attack or something to compensate for weakened teleport. Anyway, hope you consider it please.