Diablo on normal is to hard to kill

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Rycerz

Diablo on normal is to hard to kill

Post by Rycerz »

I cant go to next level difficulty becouse diablo is to hard to kill i play mag have fireball on 7 lvl 75 fire res 470 mana and other skills like golem and guardian but Diablo see me throught the wall and from long distance his 2 spells and i am dead after 10 sec of initial contact using all mana from belt. Anyone play sorcerer in this game and beat diablo???(this is normal difficulty) if so could write the way to beat him please.
raffalab

Post by raffalab »

Firewall/lightningwall is what i find to be the best against high hp bosses (at least in normal/nightmare). try to use the lower resistance skill too if you manage
SlapZ

Re: Diablo on normal is to hard to kill

Post by SlapZ »

Rycerz wrote:I cant go to next level difficulty becouse diablo is to hard to kill i play mag have fireball on 7 lvl 75 fire res 470 mana and other skills like golem and guardian but Diablo see me throught the wall and from long distance his 2 spells and i am dead after 10 sec of initial contact using all mana from belt. Anyone play sorcerer in this game and beat diablo???(this is normal difficulty) if so could write the way to beat him please.
So:

First thing: 75% resists (fire and lightning) are crucial. His Firewall and flame-wave-thing isn't so dangerous, but his Apocalypse and Lightning breath hits like a truck, so does his Meteor Cluster.

Second: NOT ENOUGH MANA
Look for items with +Magic and +Mana. The more you get, especially in this fight, the better. It's your life, it's your ammo.

Third: STILL NOT ENOUGH MANA
Get belt with 12 slots at least, fill them with Full Mana Potions, then fill half of your inventory with FMP as well. While fighting shift-click potions in inventory to quickly send them to belt.

Fourth: Maximize your spell levels.
Store your found spell books. Buy items (in all slots) with +18-20 Magic (if lucky: +Magic and +All stats) and get Elixirs of Magic. Equip them, Drink elixir, read all the books you can.

Fifth: Weapon
If you are using a Staff instead of Weapon/Shield - DON'T.
W/S provide far greater stats numbers than Staff, and also gives you more AC.

Sixth: Spell choice:
Version one: Carpet bomb the ground with Guardan Spell, then aggro Diablo. Keep dodging his spells while drinking potions and spaming Guardians in the area. He will drop from the unending firebolt spam.

Version Two: Prepare Lightning spell and Elemental Drain skill.
Aggro Diablo, use Elemental Drain, spam Lightning like there was no tommorow. You will burn through your potions like an addict, but you will burn Diablo even faster.

That's for now.
Rycerz

Post by Rycerz »

Ok i beat him(die 5 times :)) but this time i dont know why he does not have vampirism and etc additional skill.
I beat him witch chain lightning lvl 10 i have 600 mana 75 fire res and very fast click on the full mana potions from eq and belt.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Diablo has affixes only if you dont make it on time specified on map of the stars. His spell casting frequency increases greatly aswell
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

Rycerz wrote:Ok i beat him(die 5 times :)) but this time i dont know why he does not have vampirism and etc additional skill.
I beat him witch chain lightning lvl 10 i have 600 mana 75 fire res and very fast click on the full mana potions from eq and belt.
Don't use Chain Lightning on single targets, use Lightning instead.
Chain lightning costs 2x the mana Lightning does, and does 1/3 of the max damage of lightning.
riesa

Post by riesa »

But you have few more bolts instead of just one...
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

riesa wrote:But you have few more bolts instead of just one...
One more per cast, which means you pay the same mana cost for less damage against single target.
riesa

Post by riesa »

You're sure it's only 2 bolts on single target, not 6 as it states in spellbook?
Rycerz

Post by Rycerz »

Diablo has affixes only if you dont make it on time specified on map of the stars
Could you elaborate more what time exactly?
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

riesa wrote:You're sure it's only 2 bolts on single target, not 6 as it states in spellbook?
Chain lightning fires one arc where you aim, and also fires one additional homing arc into single enemies, up to the number specified by spell level.

So targeting a single enemy with Chain Lightning lvl 12 (9 arcs) won't cause it to hit one enemy 9 times, it will hit him two times: Once for the aimed arc, second for the auto-aimed one.
riesa

Post by riesa »

Thanks for explanation (;