Mouse lag

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
bmaggot

Mouse lag

Post by bmaggot »

I noticed that mouse cursor lags a lot, like dragging something underwater.
Is it vsync problem maybe?
Or can you force hardware-cursor somehow?
SlapZ

Re: Mouse lag

Post by SlapZ »

bmaggot wrote:I noticed that mouse cursor lags a lot, like dragging something underwater.
Never had the problem in Belzeebub mod, and I'd notice it because I'm alergic to mouse lag. This is usually the problem with V-sync, you can try to forcefully disable it through your GPU options.

Sometimes mouse lag in games (especially older ones) is the effect of the difference between how modern OS and old OS used mouse. Basically the game takes system's mouse options and applied it to itself. This makes the game have standard Window's mouse lag, even if you directly disable it in OS's control panel. (Prime example of this: Unreal on DirectX).

Solution to this: http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/
Or simply google " MarC mousefix ".
riesa

Post by riesa »

I have the same problem and only with Belzebub. No other old games, even vanilla Diablo or Diablo mods.
DREWPICKLES

Post by DREWPICKLES »

i experience the same thing as well. 1.02 improved it over the demo but i think it is still there. To be honest i don't even notice it anymore, and fixing it could be tough.
:)
bmaggot

Post by bmaggot »

Registry fix did not help much.
Intel driver has no forced disabling of vsync sadly.

I noticed that mouse cursor has almost no lag when game just started, but after an hour or so it will get unbearably hard to hit monsters and collect items from the ground.
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

bmaggot wrote:Registry fix did not help much.

I noticed that mouse cursor has almost no lag when game just started, but after an hour or so it will get unbearably hard to hit monsters and collect items from the ground.
Perhaps this is an indication of some sort of memory leak? Dunno really.
Have you tried playing with Fullscreen options on / off? This sometimes helps in situation like those.
Also try checking in/off "Enchance pointer precision" in Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointer Options. The fault could also be wireless mouse..

[EDIT]

Derghor_POL succesfully solved his mouse lag problem by forcing the V-synch off in Nvidia panel, so just like I though, It was the cause.

Try this page for Intel graphic cards: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034107.htm
bmaggot

Post by bmaggot »

There is no control over disabling vsync or asynchronous flip in new Intel drivers...
Great.
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

bmaggot wrote:There is no control over disabling vsync or asynchronous flip in new Intel drivers...
Great.
Yeah, I tried to look for it some more and it seems Intel can't deliver an option to manually turn off v-synch for 2 years now.
And I must say, this is fucking embarrassing. Especially now that such graphic options are best to modify manually with GPU drivers rather than the game engines.
pawel187

Re: Mouse lag

Post by pawel187 »

bmaggot wrote:I noticed that mouse cursor lags a lot, like dragging something underwater.
Try to lock fps to 60 frames (use msi afterburner, radeon pro, fraps maybe, etc.)

or disable vsync

btw I LOVE THIS MOD!!!
riesa

Post by riesa »

Any help for ATI drivers?
Martim

Post by Martim »

bmaggot wrote:Registry fix did not help much.

I experienced the same! In the begining no lag, after some time lag.
And I also notice that when you start a new level, even after sometime playing and the lag already showing, the lag stops. Lowering the resolution also works at first but after sometime playing the lag rises again. This made me think that the short memory hypothesis is true, and made me believe that too many items on the floor makes the game slow (I don't know if is also true for dead monsters on the floor). I don't know if I'm wrong but did a test and tried picking up at least all gold, and part of other items, and I noticed that there was less lag.
In torment difficulty gets almost impossible to play because there are much more drops of everything.
Rota

Post by Rota »

I don't feel any problems with belzebub. Frames are very nice and never had any lags ^^
Martim

Post by Martim »

Rota wrote:I don't feel any problems with belzebub. Frames are very nice and never had any lags ^^
So, I believe that you pc is way better than ours that makes the mouse lag.
Is it?
And you really didn't notice any difference after coming close to complete a floor, and having a lot of scatered items on the ground?

And another important thing to say is that the game doesn't lag, it seems that only mouse cursor lags.

Mine is core 2 duo, ati radeon hd 2400, 2gb ram.
Metsu

Post by Metsu »

Just set the ingame FPS to 55, works fine for me.
I had the same problem with Mouse lag :wink:
riesa

Post by riesa »

Doesn't work for me. After dropping FPS's i'm experiencing even bigger mouse lag...