character skills

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
ecb

character skills

Post by ecb »

hi,

cant find "wiki" for this "beta" yet *chuckles*

Please post here character skills with their descriptions.

I'll start with the first 2 skills for rogue:

[ROGUE]

LVL1: Trap Disarm
Desc: Attempts to disarm trapped door or chest. Chance is based on dungeon level and character dexterity base ratio.
Skill power modifiers: dexterity

LVL8: Multiple shot
Desc: Rogue fires multiple arrows at cost of reduced power.
Number of arrows: 2+ (based on DEX)
Damage: -50%
Skill power modifiers: Dexterity
Total cost {7.8} Mana (varies)

LVL16: ?
etc.

Thanks!
PS: Im really curious if there are any escape/chasing skills for barb and warrior. These chars really suffer from ranged attackers which tend to flee cat-and-mouse style (of course D1 vanilla is no different).
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

PS: Im really curious if there are any escape/chasing skills for barb and warrior. These chars really suffer from ranged attackers which tend to flee cat-and-mouse style (of course D1 vanilla is no different).
Rogue can learn to cast teleport/golem with high effectiveness so adding more defensive skills would be overpowered.

Warrior use charge skill to catch runners and barbarian could use frenzy walk speed bonus for that purpose.
DREWPICKLES

Post by DREWPICKLES »

I'm too lazy to post the full descriptions of the barb skills but after frenzy you get a fire buff (gives res and fire damage) and a 1 hit +100% damage spell with a 5 or so second cool down. This 1 hit spell does not factor into your attack speed so it is usually your normal hit followed by the big one immediately after like whackWHACK. i find on the later levels + difficulties this really helps with chasing down those bastard mages. Use frenzy on their minions to speed up and get +damage then catch up to them and use your final spell to slap them good.

But i do think it is a little annoying. Normal teleporting mages are fine (despite being a pain in the ass) but when you get a pack of haste mages or worse yet haste cold enchanted mages it can become VEERY VERY tedious for melee characters. I feel like this could be tweaked a bit.
:)
ecb

Post by ecb »

thanks, you were all still pretty helpful ;)
if you ever open up a wiki, ill definitely put in some of the info (with descriptions).