Risen Hero

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Davias

Risen Hero

Post by Davias »

I am playing with rogue and cannot beat the risen hero in the valor quest. I am level 14 and make an amount of 20-26 damage + fire damage. Every time the risen hero heals itself, and even if i slow him down with ice spells, it doesn't help.
Is my amount of damage not enough? Or did I do something wrong?
riesa

Re: Risen Hero

Post by riesa »

Davias wrote:I am playing with rogue and cannot beat the risen hero in the valor quest. I am level 14 and make an amount of 20-26 damage + fire damage. Every time the risen hero heals itself, and even if i slow him down with ice spells, it doesn't help.
Is my amount of damage not enough? Or did I do something wrong?
Try to gain some levels in Cathedral and try to loot some better gear.
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

Actually, Risen Hero and Bloodlord The Destroyer from The Terror Domain are both nightmare for ranged characters.

On the first one the combination of charge, absurd attack speed and healing basically forces rogue and sorcerer to skip the content untill they are "overleveled" for it. His healing abilities should be toned down, at least on Nightmare difficulty and higher.

And Bloodlord the Destroyer?
Let's just say giving a hard-and-fast hitting, endurable target an instant-teleport skill isn't the best idea in a game with ranged characters who should peel melee enemies.

[edit due to typoo]
Last edited by SlapZ on 05 Mar, 2014 19:54, edited 2 times in total.
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

i think so too about risen hero. doomlock as well. he is a pain in the ass for my sorceror and wasn't able to kill him on nightmare. diablo was a peace of cake in comparison.
AlinBallin

Post by AlinBallin »

in my opinions some boosses r a pain for melee other for ranged. as a melee. i had no problem vs risen hero and bloodlord.

but as a melee im having a hard time vs sucubuss and sorcerers. while ranged is cake for them

i dotn think they should get nerfed..
maybe just bloodlord should get a charge instead of a beside-teleport
www.twitch.tv/alinballin

purpose: show people that old games can be good

currently on:
-Diablo1 Tchernobog Mod (multiplayer belzebub)
-Baldur's gate 2:Enhanced edition
bmaggot

Post by bmaggot »

I actually can't kill Risen hero with my LVL15 Warrior.
He can't kill me either, but his healing spell evens out my damage.
I'm trying to find some good sword now.
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

AlinBallin wrote:in my opinions some boosses r a pain for melee other for ranged. as a melee. i had no problem vs risen hero and bloodlord.

but as a melee im having a hard time vs sucubuss and sorcerers. while ranged is cake for them

i dotn think they should get nerfed..
maybe just bloodlord should get a charge instead of a beside-teleport
Primo: there is a difference between "being a pain" and "being a brick wall".

Secundo: Succubus and Sorcerers are ordinary monsters, Who just need some more time to kill. We are talking about hard hitting bosses with lots of hp that stunlock you.

You say you are a warrior.
Now imagine a Mage boss that stunlocks you with his spells, moves at twice your speed, jumps away when you finally get to him, and he heals every time you fall back to heal yourself. Also: you don't have life leech.
Also has big hp pool and deals lots of damage with spells.

This is exactly the case with Risen Hero and Bloodlord agains ranged characters. The answer to such threat should normally be hit-and-run tactics, but due to Bloodlord's teleport, and Risen Hero Healing abilties: Hit & Run is ineffective.

Those two are for ranged what pre-nerfed Grimspike was for melee.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

bmaggot wrote:I actually can't kill Risen hero with my LVL15 Warrior.
He can't kill me either, but his healing spell evens out my damage.
I'm trying to find some good sword now.
Buy some firewall scrolls and stack it on him.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Game is not perfectly balanced that is a fact. However gear is answer to all these problems. Yes there might be brick walls or some rediculously unfair affix/monster type combo. There aren't impenetrable barries though :P

There are items with very usefull affixes accessible in later game like "cannot be frozen". You can stack stats effectively against any difficult situation provided you have access to items :P

Some testers made it to Diablo on torment difficulty which wasn't designed with single players in mind :)
riesa

Post by riesa »

For me Risen Hero gives sense for this quest. For every letter related to this quest. After all this years playing vanilla Diablo on SP, when i met Risen Hero with my 20lvl sorcerer i finally got that feeling says - 'that's should it look from the beginning!'. Because where's any difficulty to kill horned demons to retrieve an armor?

When i read some topics here i think many of you guys never played vanilla Diablo. No one complained on Blizz forums that someone was too strong. They just went deeper into dungeon, gain few levels, better equipment and slain him. With Risen Hero is the same. He's not difficult. Attack a little stronger than his heal and he dies. There are really more difficult or almost impossible bosses than him. Bloodlord with his tele is really pain in the ass. I had problems with him even on clvl30 on normal. Insta stunlock, when teleported away - insta teleport to me and insta stunlock again. I'm afraid him now on nightmare...
elninio

Post by elninio »

he shouldn't be allowed to infini-heal himself, maybe give it 5-10 times, but then he should run out of mana like a normal player, wtf

His healing can't be interrupted and he can't be perceived in advance because he casts it almost instantly.
riesa

Post by riesa »

You should be happy that he's not have infinite FW [; This healing thing is really not such pain as people say. Valor is not such helpfull item too so players can wait with completing this quest.
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

riesa wrote: (...)
When i read some topics here i think many of you guys never played vanilla Diablo.
(...)
You clearly don't remember how Warriors cried about succubus/sorcerers, Sorcerers about triple elemental immunities, and Rogues about how their only viable tactic was suppose to be running around with several Staves of Apocalypse.