Open Beta V1.03 Feedback

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
radicool

Open Beta V1.03 Feedback

Post by radicool »

Hi, I'd like to say this game is awesome and I love playing it. You've really brought Diablo 1 back to life. Amazing game. Few points though:
  • - Some items have duplicated suffixes. No biggie, just a small error. Like "Raven's Ring Ring", "Batskin's Cape Cape" "The Rainbow Cloak Cloak" and "The Undead's Crown Crown".
  • - Using the Warp ability can take you to the Chamber of Bone. Guess what? I didn't read that book and open it up first. Imagine if I didn't have a Town portal scroll to get out, lol. I suppose theres other ways Warp could bug like on Level 4 before you enter the catacombs. If you haven't finished that Magic Banner quest for the goblin, you could get stuck in there too, forced to go into the catacombs.
  • - I made another post about the Demo V1.01. In the Butcher's basement, the Rogue can use her Disarm trap ability to open the doors before using the lever, allowing her to see and attack the units on the other side but still unable to walk through the door. After doing this, the lever bugs and does not allow you through the doors. Not sure if the open beta V1.03 already fixed this or not.
That's all I can think of for now. Only in the caves at the moment. Thanks for the game, its fantastic :)

Edit: Sort of change my mind about the difficulty. I've made it to Hell and I'm having some trouble lol...Lightning immune bastards...Just don't make them lightning + fire immune pls haha
Last edited by radicool on 02 Mar, 2014 10:24, edited 1 time in total.
AlinBallin

Post by AlinBallin »

have you tried $player 10
?

increases difficulty. if its still too easy. dunno whatto say. im somewhat having a hardtime lvling a assassin and barb thru catacombs on $player 10. but its true i didnt farm items yet and i dont lower it to keep it challenging.
www.twitch.tv/alinballin

purpose: show people that old games can be good

currently on:
-Diablo1 Tchernobog Mod (multiplayer belzebub)
-Baldur's gate 2:Enhanced edition
Pawonashi

Post by Pawonashi »

About these levers - it's still present. I've used trap disarm on rusted doors in Horazon's Sanctuary - doors were opened, but I couldn't get through, and lever didn't work.

And still - sometimes when I'm going to Griswold to repair items, the game is crashing. Have to investigate it deeper, though.
riesa

Post by riesa »

Pawonashi wrote:About these levers - it's still present. I've used trap disarm on rusted doors in Horazon's Sanctuary - doors were opened, but I couldn't get through, and lever didn't work.

And still - sometimes when I'm going to Griswold to repair items, the game is crashing. Have to investigate it deeper, though.
I believe that this isn't a lever bug but door bug. I tried this in demo with butcher. I've opened one door with trap disarm skill, couldn't pass, then switch lever and made to the other side with second door, so levers are working. Problem is that those doors shouldn't open without switching any lever. So next time when you see red door and it says it's 'broken' look for a lever instead of using trap disarm.
blankname

Post by blankname »

i think i have clicked a enrich cualdron

blankname

Post by blankname »

another crash :S

it crashed when i entered town portal in the treasure map cave with almost no hp and being attacked

btw, is it normal that there are 4 treasure maps?
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

It is not related to game directly. Problem comes from openAl/sound driver exception when loading/unloading sound files.
blankname

Post by blankname »

i killed freshdoom twice, i dropped my sahdowfang to ground (now there are two in the ground) but cant pick up none, is that normal?

edit: nvm, the priest appeared again...
Pawonashi

Post by Pawonashi »

Indeed, priest miraculously live again and I had 2 Shadowfangs - but I could destroy only 1.

Other thing - I think that all these additional levels are way too big :]
blankname

Post by blankname »

yeah, some levels are too big and without the save feature it can be a pain in the ass. valor and grinspike are too hard too imho
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

how can you destroy shadow fang? where is the hellforge? what am i supposed to do?

i think i did it. reached the river of flame.
Last edited by sergio_cannabis on 04 Mar, 2014 15:09, edited 1 time in total.
DREWPICKLES

Post by DREWPICKLES »

Just giving some feedback, there is very little i would change about this game. It is awesome, the difficulty curve caught me off guard and i'm glad it did. tile sets 1-2 + beginning of 3 i was like pshhhh this is too easy. Then i got my ass kicked late 3 + 4. Then the same thing on nightmare, i was like man nightmare is too easy, the moment i hit the caves i started getting my ass kicked. I like that a lot, and the loot is stepped up enough to enjoy grinding through.

Some things i personally would change (granted i have only played the barb so far)

Some mages take way too long. Normal teleporting mages are fine (despite being a pain in the ass) but when you get a pack of haste mages or worse yet haste cold enchanted mages it can become VEERY VERY tedious for melee characters. I feel like this could be tweaked a bit. It took me 15 minutes to kill 3 haste mages even after getting frenzy up and having + walk speed from my weapon.

Modify the haste pack of worms in the lost treasure quest... even blocking 80% of the attacks from them leaves you locked in place. When there are 6 worms that shoot machine-gun fast, plus the normal amount there is only so much you can do. The moment you get hit by one poison ball you are finished. I managed to beat it after about 30 deaths (i can kill NM diablo but not these worms). I would recommend changing the attributes of that one type of worm that always spawns in the same spot or place him in a different spot.

Thanks for this sweet game!
:)