Butcher bug

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
MrAks

Butcher bug

Post by MrAks »

Hello.

I playing the demo 1.01 and noticed a huge bug:
- I took the quest to kill the Butcher, I'm on the second level, open the door, behind where should be, but unfortunately it is not! Sad
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

That's not a bug - it is intended. Just listen to what Wirt has to say about the Butcher quest. I don't want to spoil the solution for you Wink
MrAks

Post by MrAks »

Awesome! Thanks!
ecb

Post by ecb »

bug?
abominable cellar - "looks like it is rusted shut" - cast PHASING to get in - kill butcher - cast PHASING to get out
(so no need to figure out the puzzle)
(anyways, how to open those doors?)
EDIT: nwm, got it now :D
EDIT: "looks like it is rusted shut" -> PHASING -> cast lightning wall -> PHASING -> screams of horror from behind the locked doors -> PHASING -> loot
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

That is not bug, it's called exploit :P

Could be fixed with sequentional level loading.
ecb

Post by ecb »

sounds awesome, definitely better than what my type of developers do "define an invis impassable area and hittest with position of char - if equals true, act as impassable ;)"
Helliousdiablo

Re: Butcher bug

Post by Helliousdiablo »

MrAks wrote:Hello.

I playing the demo 1.01 and noticed a huge bug:
- I took the quest to kill the Butcher, I'm on the second level, open the door, behind where should be, but unfortunately it is not! Sad

Good thing about this game is that it adds back all features that blizzard removed like how to get to the butcher , the cellar in tristram and all the other stuff that never made it to the final game plus NPC's like the trader guy and the priest. Im looking forward the final release hd resolutions and original diablo i hope it even gets an x64 bit belzebub.exe :)