Barrel sprites are displayed incorrectly in Belzebub

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Paul_Fremen

Barrel sprites are displayed incorrectly in Belzebub

Post by Paul_Fremen »

Hello!
Perhaps I'm asking for help in the wrong place, but it seems to me that if anyone can help me, it would be experts in the technical part of Diablo and old games in general.

Actually, the screenshot makes it clear what’s wrong.

I played this mod a lot on my old laptop and didn't have this problem. My current laptop has Windows 10 and Intel HD Graphics 4600. I understand that this is not a problem with the game itself or the mod! But maybe someone had a similar problem. For some reason these sprites are not rendering correctly. I changed different Intel graphics settings, updated drivers, tried compatibility mode. By the way, compatibility mode solves another similar problem:

The only thing that helped was moving the Mesa3D "opengl32" (32-bit version) file to the game folder.

But this makes the game completely unplayable due to lags and low FPS. The 64-bit version does not cause lags but does not change anything either. I also tried TitaniumGL but it doesn't work. This is some kind of problem in rendering on a specific device with a specific driver. I understand that it looks strange, because it’s a small thing, but it infuriates me. In the original Diablo there is no such thing. At first I thought that the problem might be with the game files, so I copied the game from my old laptop and launched it. No, everything is the same! There is a problem with the device!

I would be very grateful if someone suggests a solution! Sorry if it's completely off topic. And sorry in advance if there are mistakes in my english (not a native speaker).
By the way, I am very grateful to the developers for this mod! Completed the game more than 5 times with Belzebab.

[UPDATED]
I just successfully tried to redraw this sprite after finding it in the .MPQ archive. The graphic file itself looks perfect (as it should be). In the game this artifact appears on it at the top (the color of artifact depends on the color of the pixels in that place). This looks like a mockery of a perfectionist.
qndel
Global Mod

Re: Barrel sprites are displayed incorrectly in Belzebub

Post by qndel »

Don't think anyone can help with such a specific problem :/
Juggernought

Post by Juggernought »

i'd try this:
https://www.techsupportall.com/how-to-d ... indows-10/
change the display graphics acceleration level , restart computer and launch the game without the additional opengl dlls
if it not helps, i'd try to change intel driver settings, like triple buffering, texture color depth, so on
Paul_Fremen

Post by Paul_Fremen »

Juggernought wrote: 24 Jan, 2024 22:55 i'd try this:
https://www.techsupportall.com/how-to-d ... indows-10/
change the display graphics acceleration level , restart computer and launch the game without the additional opengl dlls
if it not helps, i'd try to change intel driver settings, like triple buffering, texture color depth, so on
Thanks for the answer! I noticed it by accident.
I have already changed various Intel settings (triple buffering, texture color depth etc.). This didn't solve the problem.
I read the article. The first method did not work for me because there is no troubleshoot tab. I tried the second one and changed it through the registry. Nothing has changed.
But thanks anyway!
Juggernought

Post by Juggernought »

you can try use virtual pc,or install the second operation system win7, or by a cheap computer for belzebub :-)
else you can try to look here:

https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=779277
hersateni

Post by hersateni »

Juggernought wrote: 25 Jan, 2024 13:18 you can try use virtual pc,or install the second operation system win7, or by a cheap computer for belzebub :-)
else you can try to look here:

https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=779277backrooms game
I tested it with Win 7 and everything is fine, but I want a higher version of Win..