Project DDT or Bobdevis' Diablo and Hellfire project

Discussion/Suggestions regarding the Awake Mod
qualakon

Project DDT or Bobdevis' Diablo and Hellfire project

Post by qualakon »

I was wandering through the internet and stumbled across this project that someone half-started and I think that Awake Mod can use it to their advantage. All efforts to contact the original creator of Project DDT has been unsuccessful. He's created an open-source Diablo/Hellfire engine. He doesn't have any gameplay elements and it's compiled for Linux only so far. That's where "Awake" comes in. :)

This is the Forum where I originally found the link
Source Forge Page where you can download the Project DDT files, including .cpp source files.

I'm not a programmer myself, but this seems like a huge win for mod makers which would allow you to overcome many obstacles present in Diablo 1.0.9 and even Hellfire 1.0.1. I've spoken with Mordor from Diablo The Hell and I thought I'd give the opportunity to you as well. Because the source is attached, I'm assuming you could recompile it for Windows?

I don't expect anything over night, but take a look at it. I'd be very willing to learn anything someone is willing to teach me about modding Diablo/Hellfire.