Rainbow Colors Solved for all games Win7 & Vista

Discussion/Suggestions regarding the Awake Mod
sadravin

Rainbow Colors Solved for all games Win7 & Vista

Post by sadravin »

I found a way to fix the Rainbow colors in old games like Diablo 1 and 2 and Starcraft 1. Step:

1) Start the game
2) Alt + Tab {WindowsKey}
3) Ctrl + Shift + Esc { Ctrl + Alt + Delete}
4) Under the 'Processes' tab, find 'explorer.exe'
5) Select 'explorer.exe' and press the 'End Process' button at the bottom of the window
6) Alt + Tab back to the game, and have fun.

Works with win7 and Vista both 32bit and 64bit, WILL NOT WORK FOR win8

When you are done, you can either log off using you task manager window, to return the desk top to normal, or:
Under 'Applications' Tab, use the 'New Task' button
Type in 'explorer.exe' or browse your windows directory for it, and run it.

Note: Once you have used 'New Task' to run explorer.exe, it will be in the new task drop down menu for quick selection.
You can also use the new task button to run the game if Alt + Tab is a problem for your computer.

Happy Gaming!
^_^
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

sadravin

Post by sadravin »

That works also, but my way has the added benefit of increased performance, and the in-game movies work as they should.

It's just a solution for the people who don't want to modify the registry.

Another solution I have come across is to send the graphics through DirectX, as that only takes a simple drop of some files to the games directory.
This method can be found on my website:
http://sadnetwork.webng.com/

Works with your Awakening mod, and all versions of Diablo1. Comes with instructions that should be very easy to fallow.

Note: this will allow you to set your game to work on 1920x1080 resolution if you wish, but will not let you see any further than you could before, as that would be cheating, and I hate cheaters. This will only stretch the screen to fit. I figured it out in my attempt at getting rid of the black bars on the sides of my screen on my laptop.
^_^