Question regarding Unique items

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
FishGaming

Question regarding Unique items

Post by FishGaming »

Hello,

I have recently gotten the itch to return to diablo 1 but what started as wanting an increase stash quickly went to wow this mod offers so much crazy stuff! So I did some deep diving, searched the forums, and read parts of the documentation on uniques and I never saw it state that the qlvls were fixed for them. I may be completely off since this mod may do it differently but in the original diablo we all knew that there were some uniques online that were not findable in multiplayer and you had a to have same base items at the same qlvl to get the next one in line for the same game instance. How does that work in this game? Does this mod modernize it to allow there to be a chance for any unique? I did read that there is a calculation for the Techernobog version (the online version I suppose from what I've read so far) where you can calculate what levels of unique can drop but that's all I saw. If there is any weird system of qlvl and base item requirements to get another unique PLEASE explain it to me because I barely understood the original diablo 1 when I read this info on Jarulf's guide.
Ugily

Re: Question regarding Unique items

Post by Ugily »

In Normal difficulty mode, several quests once solved or enemy defeated will drop a Unique item reward. These items are part of the story line.

There are also other Unique and Set items that can drop from enemy defeats or from chests. Unsure of the formula exactly, but the factors that determine item levels are influenced by difficulty setting, character level, dungeon level, enemy level, special quest areas, and Magic Find % bonus items. Additionaly, Belzebub has another difficulty setting that can be entered in the chat bar. Type "$PLAYER x" where x is 0-10, ten being the highest difficulty setting for enemy level.