New to game, looking for tips

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Bauchs

New to game, looking for tips

Post by Bauchs »

Hey everyone. I'm new to playing Belzebub and was wondering if anyone had any tips for moving through the game. I looked up some guides and ended up starting as a Sorc just to farm the gear needed for someone else. However, now that I'm into nightmare, I've noticed my lightning spells just aren't cutting it by them selves any more with all the immunities coming in. I see a lot of posts saying to get Apocalypse and Meteor Cluster. I did notice that Apocalypse may not show up until Hell but Meteor cluster is something I would like to get. Though the problem is, I have no idea where to look. I have reset Adria over and over again with no luck on getting a book. Is there a good place to farm out books with a chance at getting them? Also, I'm afraid I just may be wearing horrible gear as well. I am currently level 29, so is there something I should be looking for specifically in gear pieces? Any help or suggestions would be super helpful! Thanks in advance!!
Kahoder

Re: New to game, looking for tips

Post by Kahoder »

Best places for books are as follows :

Cathedral
Catacombs
Horazon's Sanctum
River of Flame

You can pretty much go to River of flame, teleport to the book shelves, reset the game and do it again.

At that point in the game, Guardian can sometimes cut it for lightning immunes. Ice blast fireball, mind mace are somewhat decent.
Bone spirit/Blood Star will be practically necessary.
Golem has to be maxed.
Baalslayer

Post by Baalslayer »

For books, the best place is the Mage's area after the Lost Treasure chests. There's 3 rooms, with just 1 Mage boss in each, and 2 book racks in each room. So you are guaranteed to get 6 books in each run.

If you're not strong enough to kill the Mages, you can just run & snag the books, then restart the game & repeat. I did that in Hell difficulty, and got a more Apocalypse books than I can use. The books from these racks are much better than what Adria sells.

Not sure if Apocalypse can drop in Nightmare diff, but you can probably get Blizzard & Meteor Cluster.
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

Let me tell you straight forward: you are trying too hard and thinking too much. Apocalypse and Meteor are just for Sorc who want to beat the game in the last difficulty. If you just started the game you are absolutely out of reach for that.

This first Sorc char will be your farmer for other chars AND for a future Sorc that may be able to beat the game eventually.
With this first char all you need is the spells that naturally are found just playing the game. A few lighting spells and some fire spells. I beat Diablo in Hell Difficuty just with Guardian spell. Then I used the char to farm LT Chests and found basically everything I needed for other chars.
So, in conclusion: just play as fast as possible to beat the game in Hell and get to Torment. Just teleport away through everything you can, forget whatever quests get too hard or time consuming. Get to LT Chest in Torment, Sorc can do that with basics spells. Once at LT chests at Torment, that's when the game really beggins.