Izual as a warrior

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Nickledeemus

Izual as a warrior

Post by Nickledeemus »

As a level 26 warr who's decently geared for the level and has been steamrolling until Izual, what the hell am I supposed to do?

Can't negate the freeze, so even with max weapon speed I'm still barely hitting the spaz. His AOE nixes any of my ranged strats (my spells are complimentary, not main abilities), and once he starts spamming that frost nova and the mana burn that comes with it... there's not enough slots in my belt for how many potions I need to survive this fight. I've even attempting to cast a scroll of stone curse on him so I can try and refill my belt once it's empty, but once Izual is engaged in melee range, I cannot get a single cast off.

Am I wasting my time attempting to spam valiant strike with how cruel mana burn is? Is there a level of cold resistance that will make his freezing more manageable? Or is it just gonna come down to alternating clicks between Izual and inventory pots and hope I can get one swing off between swings?

Edit: Found a haste shrine, booked it back to Izzy and just managed to get him down. Tough SOB.
LuchoX222

Re: Izual as a warrior

Post by LuchoX222 »

lol, god work with the shrine. i suppose you need some weapon with "cannot be frozen" like the celestial axe.
Nickledeemus

Post by Nickledeemus »

Haven't found any "cannot be frozen" gear yet but yeah that'll be key if I do this in higher difficulty
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

All I can say is that a big part of Belzebub gameplay is to keep leveling up, finding better gear, and go back over and over until you complete the quest. Many of the quests can be set aside for later as you grind on in the regular dungeon areas. Come back later and take on the quest bosses.
Nickledeemus

Post by Nickledeemus »

Ugily wrote: 17 Feb, 2021 21:02 All I can say is that a big part of Belzebub gameplay is to keep leveling up, finding better gear, and go back over and over until you complete the quest. Many of the quests can be set aside for later as you grind on in the regular dungeon areas. Come back later and take on the quest bosses.
I've been learning that one harsh lesson at a time. Moments where I think something is unfair or broken have me stepping back and realizing that it's just harder and I need to beef up a bit.
Baalslayer

Post by Baalslayer »

Yeah, Cannot be Frozen mod is a must for a Warrior against Izual. It was a nightmare without it on my Rogue, but I managed by casting Phasing when he got too close.

To my knowledge, the lowest level item that has can spawn that mod is the "Death's Disguise" set. You need to wear the sash, plus either the ring or the sword. I was lucky find to these with my Rogue without trying to farm them, so my Warrior in Normal diff has no excuses, lol.

The 2 piece Bonus in this set is very nice for low level, if you have the sash + the ring. Along with Cannot be Frozen, you get 8% life leech and 5-10% increased attack speed. My Rogue will probably use this combo for all of Nightmare diff, at least.

The aforementioned "Celestial Axe" (2 handed axe) also has Cannot be Frozen as well. Death's Shroud unique Mantle, Bloodlord's Visor helm, & Medusa's Gaze shield also have it, but those 3 uniques probably won't drop in Normal difficultly.
alq

Post by alq »

Warrior lvl 27. My level 9 lightning spell destroyed Izual
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

alq - The rematch coming on the next difficulty will be a little tougher.
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

Anyone having a hard time at level 26 in this Mod still has a looooooooooooooooooong way learning how this mod works...
Keep posting here in the forum or asking in the Discord channel, there is always many people able to help.