Troubles with the Smith of anvil of fury

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
D1sfigur3d

Troubles with the Smith of anvil of fury

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Im currently fighting through hell difficulty with my lvl 38 barb and everything was going smooth and fine until i met the Smith in caves level 10 and found out how overpowered this boss is. Anybody defeated him in melee combat? Cant do anything to him even with the rage, inner fire and insanity skills on. He's just to fast, too accurate and keeps me stun locked forever. I know i could use telekinesis to avoid fighting him but id like to know if he's even beatable in melee. My barb has around 600 hp, all res incl phys at 75%, dps around 1200 using the lightsabre with ITD and attack speed at 306.
Thanks for ur inputs!
Ugily

Re: Troubles with the Smith of anvil of fury

Post by Ugily »

You can run circles around the area and pluck him off with ranged weapon to weaken him a bit before closing in for the melee kill.

If you can keep a golem on him as a shield, you may be able to do some hit and run combat.
Juggernought

Post by Juggernought »

1. you get close to anvil
2. the Smith appears
3. you make 2-3 teleport jumps to reach the opposite side of lava lake
4. the Smith can run after you. when he gets closer, you:
5. teleport back to the island
6. take good bow with ITD
7. bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang
8. PROFIT!!!
Juggernought

Post by Juggernought »

for melee combat, i think, you need weapon/gear/amulet rings that have attributes:
1 +(xx)% Chance to Knockback
2 Ignore Target's defense
3 Hit Steals (xx)% Life
4 Reduces Target Physical Resistance
5 increased attack speed
Maybe, you can use some skills like frenzy or inner fire
+mana shield
D1sfigur3d

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Juggernought wrote: 10 Jul, 2020 20:10 for melee combat, i think, you need weapon/gear/amulet rings that have attributes:
1 +(xx)% Chance to Knockback
2 Ignore Target's defense
3 Hit Steals (xx)% Life
4 Reduces Target Physical Resistance
5 increased attack speed
Maybe, you can use some skills like frenzy or inner fire
+mana shield
No way, he’s faster anyway and thus hits first and locks me in my stun. No matter what weapons I equip, fang of Cerberus or the edge of brutallus. Think I will have to try to increase my hit recovery as much as possible and return later, that should help IMHO.
BTW, skipped this Butcher and cleared Hell by now, Diablo wasn’t a big challenge and so were not Gamar and the Bloodlord. Now combating through Torment.
t-war

Post by t-war »

Had the same problem, 34 lvl warrior at nightmare difficulty.

Got a hint from some of the replies. But my solution came to be really easy! I was teleporting few times, trying to lower Smith's health with a bow, but it was not possible as he's way to quick even to shot at him. At some point I teleported on the peninsula and even grabbed the anvil to the inventory - I mention this, as I'm not sure if this fact had impact on the monster's behavior. But the Smith got somehow "stuck" on the opposite, furthest side. It took me a while, but I manage to shoot him down with arrows, without even approaching him for melee. :)
Criv1992

Post by Criv1992 »

t-war wrote: 14 Dec, 2022 10:31 Had the same problem, 34 lvl warrior at nightmare difficulty. tiny fishing

Got a hint from some of the replies. But my solution came to be really easy! I was teleporting few times, trying to lower Smith's health with a bow, but it was not possible as he's way to quick even to shot at him. At some point I teleported on the peninsula and even grabbed the anvil to the inventory - I mention this, as I'm not sure if this fact had impact on the monster's behavior. But the Smith got somehow "stuck" on the opposite, furthest side. It took me a while, but I manage to shoot him down with arrows, without even approaching him for melee. :)
That's right!! Why didn't I think of this solution sooner?
gutkowski

Post by gutkowski »

D1sfigur3d wrote: 08 Jul, 2020 14:10 Im currently fighting through hell difficulty with my lvl 38 barb and everything was going smooth and fine until i met the Smith in caves level 10 and found out how overpowered this boss is. Anybody defeated him in melee combat? Cant do anything to him even with the rage, inner fire and insanity skills on. He's just to fast, too accurate and keeps me stun locked forever. I know i could use telekinesis to avoid fighting him but id like to know if he's even beatable in melee. My barb has around 600 hp, all res incl phys at 75%, dps around 1200 using the lightsabre with ITD and attack speed at 306.
Thanks for ur inputs!
The Smith is a challenging boss for melee characters in Hell difficulty, and it's understandable that you're having difficulty defeating him. He is very fast, accurate, and has a lot of life. Additionally, his attacks can stun-lock you, making it difficult to escape his attacks.
rabic

Post by rabic »

The Smith is a challenging boss for melee characters in Hell difficulty, and it's understandable that you're having difficulty defeating him. He is very fast, accurate, and has a lot of life. Additionally, his attacks can stun-lock you, making it difficult to escape his attacks.snow rider 3d
Is there any way to knock him down?