A Complete Rogue Guide (Lvl 47 cleared Torment)

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
TwoGriffins

Post by TwoGriffins »

Overview:
Rogue is commonly believed to be one of the strongest characters. She deals tons of damages. None of her abilities are useless. But her drawbacks include a high dependency on bows, and a weak mana point. That’s why we need a Sorcerer for farming and sharing weapons with her. Besides bows, she needs a high percentage of life steal / mana steal per hit. An ideal level should be >10% for each. Attack speed is more important than DPS, because it determines the frequency of life steal and it keeps enemies from getting close.
Add most points in DEX and a certain amount in STR. No need to add points in VIT and MAG.

Normal difficulty
1. Because I didn’t add points in VIT, I used items that add HP in early game.
2. There’re 5 quests you should complete. Basically quests that award you with attribute points.
a) The infestation of worms. Need to reach level 5. Get +5 points once complete
b) Black mushroom. Need to reach level 9. Get +3 points to all attributes
c) The anvil of fury. Need to reach level 10. Crafting prerequisite
d) The island of sunless sea. Need to reach level 12. Step on stones in the order of South, North, East, West to open the secret tunnel. Get +5 points
e) Lost treasure. Need to reach level 13. Get +3 points to all attributes
3. DO NOT complete “Chamber of bone” at level 6 and “Horazon’s sanctum” at level 8 for now. Those are quests that levels up your Guardian and Golem spell respectively. Learn the spells through books and come back for those quests in later stages.
4. Killing Diablo can be done using guided arrow behind a corner. Summon a Golem for distraction also helps. Better to have fire and lightning resist > 70%
5. I cleared normal at around lvl 27

Nightmare difficulty
1. Towards the end of nightmare it’s better to find Bow of the Dead. This bow attacks fast, ignores target’s defense, and steals mana on hit. You can use this bow all the way until Torment
2. Another bow worth trying is the Demon Machine. It’s a one-hand weapon, which means you can equip a shield to boost defense. Another highlight is 57% piercing attack.
3. Need to collect items that add life/mana steals.
4. Killing Diablo isn’t too hard. I used a similar tactic as normal.
5. Cleared nightmare at character level 32

Hell difficulty
1. Bow of the Dead is still very useful. Another bow worth giving a shot is the below one. It offers 100% piercing attack, very handy when attacking waves of monsters. This bow shoots super fast, with a +69% increased attach speed. It also reduces target cold resistance to a great amount while dealing cold damage.
2. She better has a >15% life steal on hit. Mana steal should be sufficient to maintain usage
3. Killing Diablo isn’t easy. Besides shooting guided arrows from behind corners, I summoned Golem for distraction while shooting Sightless Eye like crazy.
4. I cleared hell at level 43

Torment difficulty
1. Use items that boost MAG, and elixir of magic, to learn Golem and Guardian as much as possible, before go back to finish quests in level 6 and 8 in each previous difficulty. I was able to achieve Golem at level 12, enough for a temporal stand
2. Upgrade to Heartseeker bow helped a lot. I saw some other players using Eaglerhorn as well.
3. Facing Diablo, I summoned Golem whenever it’s life is low. It’s important to keep Diablo turn its back on you all the time, lest you get instant killed. I spammed Eightless Eye with insanity cast behind Diablo.
4. Cleared torment at level 47

Stat
A DPS around 2500, can be boost to around 2800 using elixirs. Attack speed is at 166%. I also have a 21% life steal and 6% mana steal. Crit hit chance is 69% with a crit damage of 186%

Items
1. The well-known heartseeker. It attacks fast, steals life, and ignores target’s defense. Mine only gives a +23% to crit hit chance (limit is +33%). But it’s surely enough!

2. I choose Dragonslayer as my armor. It has +18% increased attach speed, with a high AC and fire resist. +45% faster hit recovery is also a plus

3. I used a set item for my belt. Despite it’s only one piece, +20 all attributes and +27% all resist are good enough

4. Both of my rings carry a 6% life steal, one of them also has a 6% mana steal. Therefore adding 9% life steal from heartseeker, I have a total life steal of 21%

And finally a screenshot for torment level clearance
D1sfigur3d

Re: A Complete Rogue Guide (Lvl 47 cleared Torment)

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Thanks for the guide mate! It helped me a lot. Thats nice u managed to keep ur resistances capped on torment. I just cleared hell difficulty with my lvl 42 rogue and my resistances were my weak point. I had to change my nicely rolled rare +dex and +all attributes rings to those that give me + to all resistances. So i sacrificed some 500 dps for it thus dealing 2500 instead of my regular 3000. BTW my gear was the Iratha set upgraded to tier 2 and almost perfectly rolled heartseeker with 32% to crit chance and 46% IAS.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Also, when able to craft upgrade Unique Weapon by Hell difficulty go ahead and upgrade that Bow of the Dead. You will probably have found several by now. Keep looking for a perfect one.

By Torment, it really is all about attack speed and Ignore Target Defense. I use M'avina helm and belt, Ceremonial Mail for speed, Cat's eye amulet for speed, and rings with leach, insane resists, and +critical damage.
D1sfigur3d

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Ugily wrote: 07 Jul, 2020 18:14 Also, when able to craft upgrade Unique Weapon by Hell difficulty go ahead and upgrade that Bow of the Dead. You will probably have found several by now. Keep looking for a perfect one.

By Torment, it really is all about attack speed and Ignore Target Defense. I use M'avina helm and belt, Ceremonial Mail for speed, Cat's eye amulet for speed, and rings with leach, insane resists, and +critical damage.
Do u think an upgraded bow of the dead would be worth replacing the heartseeker? BTW havent got the cats eye amu yet. Currently got stuck with the upgraded iratha set. Have the dragonslayer chest piece (need to level up) in stash and the lady zenobias crown which also boosts attack speed. Dunno if ill change cuz i get dropped on my hitpoints and resists without iratha, will probably have to find or craft better rings to balance these issues
Wormek

Post by Wormek »

You guys write here about upgraded sets... I'm not sure if I understood well, but you mean, it is possible to upgrade weapons and armors on higher level like it is in Diablo 2 (for example upgrade rags (1st level item) into tatters (2nd level item))?
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Upgraded Bow of the Dead is good until you find Heartseeker. It just won't give you the damage in Torment.
Upgraded Iratha set with upgraded Bow of the Dead was what got past Hell difficulty for me. Then I passed Iratha plus Thunderlord set to Warrior which makes an excellent combination.

Second question: The upgrade of tier items is a crafting scroll that can be found. Upgrade Rare, Upgrade Unique, Upgrade Set... Can be a game changer in Hell difficulty and even for lower level set items when going from Normal to Nightmare. I am currently playing a Rogue in Nightmare that has only used Arctic Furs set that has been upgraded and can probably beat Diablo as soon as I reach the lower dungeon levels without equipment changes.
D1sfigur3d

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Wormek wrote: 08 Jul, 2020 0:19 You guys write here about upgraded sets... I'm not sure if I understood well, but you mean, it is possible to upgrade weapons and armors on higher level like it is in Diablo 2 (for example upgrade rags (1st level item) into tatters (2nd level item))?
Correct. U need to find a specific recipe to do that.
Ugily wrote: 08 Jul, 2020 1:41 Upgraded Bow of the Dead is good until you find Heartseeker. It just won't give you the damage in Torment.
Upgraded Iratha set with upgraded Bow of the Dead was what got past Hell difficulty for me. Then I passed Iratha plus Thunderlord set to Warrior which makes an excellent combination.
I’m using the heartseeker already, got 3 of them))
So what I’m saying is that my only trouble is now about changing the Iratha set for something more effective
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Sounds like Iratha isn't doing the trick anymore. Upgrade will only improve the AC.

Upgraded Rattlecage helps with the Crits. Stoneskin has high AC and will petrify enemies sometimes which can slow down the mobs.
Lady Zen helmet and Coif of Glory will boost attack speed.

M'avina set is the next step up for Rogue, but the bow isn't as good as Heartseeker.
D1sfigur3d

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Ugily wrote: 08 Jul, 2020 16:39 Sounds like Iratha isn't doing the trick anymore. Upgrade will only improve the AC.

Upgraded Rattlecage helps with the Crits. Stoneskin has high AC and will petrify enemies sometimes which can slow down the mobs.
Lady Zen helmet and Coif of Glory will boost attack speed.

M'avina set is the next step up for Rogue, but the bow isn't as good as Heartseeker.
Which place is better for farming Mavina set? I have a lvl46 sorcerer with around 300% MF, so I could farm with him. Hell terror domain or torment catacombs? Further on torment it’s too difficult for me to move on with him.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Anywhere in Torment is better for farming items.

If that is still a little tough, hit the Hell quest areas and Terror Domain with the highest MF and $PLAYER x that you can handle.
allison-kaas

Post by allison-kaas »

You don't need a sorcerer for anything. Ironman only or kill yourself.
addisay

Post by addisay »

Thanks for sharing these guides. Actually, Killing Diablo isn't easy. Besides shooting guided arrows from behind corners, I don't know what to do. Thanks to your sharing, I have learned many lessons :lol:
geometry dash lite is one of the best running platform for relax! :D
WarriorOfLight

Post by WarriorOfLight »

I am now playing rogue in torment. Killed Diablo on Hell without golem (was handy for Bloodlord the Destoryer, tho :) ) - just used guided arrows. My DPS boosted with elixirs was about 1600, had no stamina/mana leech whatsoever either.

My gear:
  • Helm - Royal Circlet
  • Amulet - some rare amulet (Empyrean Talisman - or something like this) giving resist to all + good dex (+30) and strength or vitality bonus (don't remember which of those +20) and around +70 to hit points
  • Armor - Rattlecage
  • Rings - two Stalker's rings - apart from obvious + dex and crit hit don't remember other bonuses
  • Belt - Viz Jaq'tar Strap
  • Bow - Demon Machine (got the one with 66% piercing)
  • Shield - thanks to Demon Machine being one handed got one extra slot for shield :) - was some rare round shield with mediocre bonuses, nothing extra
Had to farm for some time - in hell levels (13-16 lvls + Terror Domain) to get those Stalker's rings + demon machine + got couple of level ups. Killing Diablo was not that hard - as I said no golem, just teleport + guided arrows.

Looking forward to finishing torment difficulty :)