A Complete Sorceror Guide (Until getting Heartseeker in Torment)

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Baalslayer

Re: A Complete Sorceror Guide (Until getting Heartseeker in Torment)

Post by Baalslayer »

bummer wrote: 28 Apr, 2021 5:46
Baalslayer wrote: 25 Apr, 2021 15:23Heartseeker is to be farmed to use on a Rogue, not a Sorceror. There's no reason whatsoever to use a bow on Sorc, unless it's just trying a wacky build for fun.
OK, that makes WAY more sense now hahaha. I was very confused. Is there a rogue guide somewhere you could refer me to? I don't enjoy the warrior play style as much because I get incredibly frustrated when the mobs scatter and I have to chase them all down. Thanks for the reply!!
Here's a good Rogue guide, by the same poster of this Sorc guide:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2299
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

MF does affect Chest Drops. I don't know why people say it doesn't, and I definitely do not believe BrightLord claimed that it didn't.
This is not up for debate, it does affect, and it is the easiest thing to check by yourself, no one needs third parties confirmation for this piece of info. Just wear gear with anything around 200% MF (which is very easy if you have an average playtime in the mod) and open LT Chests 25 times (which take less than 1 hour). Then take the gear off and open 25 LT Chests with 0% MF. The difference in the drops is gigantic.
That's all there is to MF affecting Chest drops, no need to discuss this further. Anyone who still claims it doesn't affect either is trolling or just haven't taken 2 hours to check by himself (and is losing a bunch of good drops for not using MF to farm chests, lol).
MasterBLB

Post by MasterBLB »

Hmm I don't get it, why a sorcerer should bother with Hearseeker bow ??
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

MasterBLB wrote: 22 Aug, 2021 11:12 Hmm I don't get it, why a sorcerer should bother with Hearseeker bow ??
To gift it to a Rogue in the Order of the Sightless Eye.
MasterBLB

Post by MasterBLB »

Ugily wrote: 22 Aug, 2021 19:30
MasterBLB wrote: 22 Aug, 2021 11:12 Hmm I don't get it, why a sorcerer should bother with Hearseeker bow ??
Still I don't understand, pls elaborate.
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

MasterBLB wrote: 22 Aug, 2021 20:41
Ugily wrote: 22 Aug, 2021 19:30
Still I don't understand, pls elaborate.
HeartSeeker is the final bow for Rogue. Using a Sorc to find it is just an easy way to build up a end-game Rogue. That's it.
A most generic comment over this whole topic is: a good overall strategy for this Mod is having a Sorc as first char (because he is OP until the very late game, when he becomes VERY weak), and then using it to farm good gear for other chars. SPECIALLY for Rogue, 'cause she is the strongest char in the mod (in the late game), so you can use her to find the best gear by farming the last level of the game.
MasterBLB

Post by MasterBLB »

@SkyrosX2 thanks for the explanation.
allison-kaas

Post by allison-kaas »

SkyrosX2 wrote: 13 May, 2021 18:42 MF does affect Chest Drops. I don't know why people say it doesn't, and I definitely do not believe BrightLord claimed that it didn't.
This is not up for debate, it does affect, and it is the easiest thing to check by yourself, no one needs third parties confirmation for this piece of info. Just wear gear with anything around 200% MF (which is very easy if you have an average playtime in the mod) and open LT Chests 25 times (which take less than 1 hour). Then take the gear off and open 25 LT Chests with 0% MF. The difference in the drops is gigantic.
That's all there is to MF affecting Chest drops, no need to discuss this further. Anyone who still claims it doesn't affect either is trolling or just haven't taken 2 hours to check by himself (and is losing a bunch of good drops for not using MF to farm chests, lol).
Only 25 trials? Lmao. This isn't even 20% confidence. Since you clearly don't understand probability, shut the fuck unless you've decompiled the code responsible for chest logic.
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

allison-kaas wrote: 29 Aug, 2021 1:00
SkyrosX2 wrote: 13 May, 2021 18:42 MF does affect Chest Drops. I don't know why people say it doesn't, and I definitely do not believe BrightLord claimed that it didn't.
Only 25 trials? Lmao. This isn't even 20% confidence. Since you clearly don't understand probability, shut the fuck unless you've decompiled the code responsible for chest logic.
Your pity attempts on ofending someone online only show how little it is worth to take anything you say seriously.
You enphasize on the sample size (25 attempts) as if this was the only variable. This shows how little you know about probabilities. The sample size only need to be big enough to prove a point. In cases of very small difference in results, a bigger sample is needed to improve confidence. This is not the case here.
The case here is the opposite: since results show a gigantic difference between 0% MF and a considerable amount of MF (I''d say 200% and above), the sample size does not require to be big.
In fewer words: try it a few times and just check the obvious and undeniable difference in drops.

If you want to, you can do hundreds of runs. Be my guest. You will just waste your time and come to the same conclusion.

Provide me an e-mail, and I'll send my bachelor and master engineering degree qualifications. I'd love to see yours too and maybe I could try to understand where you got those "20% confidence" from.
qndel
Global Mod

Post by qndel »

Chests in lost treasure use the same function that's responsible for boss loot - since magicfind affects monsters, it also affects these chests. Not sure about other chests.
Caocao84

Post by Caocao84 »

Hello, how many strength points would you put in stats for gear? I am constantly keeping 20 points unused in case I get some good armor or weapon.

I'm level 40 sorceror currently, in hell catacombs.
I used 7 points in strength for now, and I wonder how many I can allocate there without having any regrets for endgame, and being able to use/swap gear comfortably.

Thanks in advance.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Depends on what your end game is.

A sorcerer has a difficult challenge defeating Diablo in Torment, but it is possible. Character level will probably be between level 50-55.

If end game is leveling up to 60, then a bug in Belzebub lets you redistribute all skill points when reaching level 60. So a level 60 char could redistro everything into MAG and max out all spells.

End game sorc problem is that most enemies have elemental immunities that reduce damage a spell caster can deal out.
Caocao84

Post by Caocao84 »

The thing is that a few different builds seem powerful ( Dragon's Breace shield which requires 121 STR seems interesting with 15% fire resist reduction and x4 fire dmg, but I don't know if It is a good build for torment ).
This is just an example, I don't know if there is some better item that eventually requires some STR investment on sorc ( lv 43, hell lv 13 currently ).

BTW I screwed up 2 golem/guardian quests, so I will remake a sorc for trying to clear torment, and this one to farm hell TD/torment LT chests, so I don't really know how to use my stats points ( putting all in magic currently ).
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

I have a Sorc stuck at Hell clearing Terror Domain. Pretty much did everything wrong with the build, thus now is stuck. Will probably restart the character except with a treasure trove of gear. I have somewhat shelved that character.

The plan is to optimally progress the new mage and delaying the spell gain quests for later. Remember to save the character before hitting level 60 and then you will have game play options to respec in any way you want for weird mage builds. Could be a new challenge.
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

Caocao84 wrote: 20 Sep, 2021 22:00 The thing is that a few different builds seem powerful ( Dragon's Breace shield which requires 121 STR seems interesting with 15% fire resist reduction and x4 fire dmg, but I don't know if It is a good build for torment ).
This is just an example, I don't know if there is some better item that eventually requires some STR investment on sorc ( lv 43, hell lv 13 currently ).

BTW I screwed up 2 golem/guardian quests, so I will remake a sorc for trying to clear torment, and this one to farm hell TD/torment LT chests, so I don't really know how to use my stats points ( putting all in magic currently ).
For endgame Sorc, ALL points should go into Magic.
For Sorc, you get more than enough Dex/Str from quest rewards. And even if you need Str/Dex at any point (which should not happen), this is easily manageable through rings and amulet.
I started this mod with Sorc, and my very first char already had ALL points into Magic. It is easily doable. There is no point wasting points in Str/Dex.