Roque with no Bow

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
louiress

Roque with no Bow

Post by louiress »

I have a big problem with this game....there is no...drop. I jave 25 lvl character and Im using same Bow that I BOUGHT when I was on lvl 15 and now. Rings and armour is separate tragedy. Drop rate in this game is normally This bad or I have a bad luck ? :D
Ricky is a Dicky
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

You are only Clvl 25. To acquire better equipment you will have to continue to grind, especially in the quest areas such as Chamber of Bone and King Leoric's Tomb. Get equipment with Magic Find bonuses.

If you end of with a good pile of gold, gamble for Hunter Bows from the merchant.

Have you beaten Normal level yet? If not, get to Nightmare and Hell level as quickly as possible. Normal mode is only for the initial quest rewards. Nightmare and Hell quests are for stat points. Torment is where the game gets interesting.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Drops get substantially better with each difficulty. Work on killing Diablo so you can move on to Nightmare and you should start seeing more goodies pretty quick.
Welcome to the forums!
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

I was able to get pretty far with Rogue with a crafted Hunter's Bow that had +attack speed. Eventually upgraded it to a razor bow.

Then ended up with various unique bows.

I stuck with Iratha Set for a long time and upgraded those items.
louiress

Post by louiress »

Games like Diablo 3 made me a lazy person :]

Now 28 and still trying to kill diablo cos my gear is from lvl 15.
Sadly I do not have recipe for Hunters Bow - only for Rogue melee weapon.

Well it's nice morning guys...time for some grind :]

And one more thing....I have 320k gold and some mats for crafting...sell all to blacksmith or deconstruct ?

EDIT: I give up....there is one mob near Diablo...Knight who charges and kills me in 1 hit. This is completely ridiculous...I understand that game have to be hard and I have no problems with games like Dark Souls but defeating this mob is near impossible.
Ricky is a Dicky
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

I always craft with my leftover gear, that's the best way to boost your stats throughout the game (but especially at the beginning). Note that you can wear crafted gear with another class's name; the only thing the name changes is a few key statistics it will pump. Barbarian's gear, for instance, always gives you a STR bonus but even a mage can wear it.

Use Golem to try to block Lord Stunlock von Douchenstein's charge attack, and if you have Guardian try to lay as many of those as you can to keep hitting him and break him out of his combo. He is a bastard but you can take him if you can get him alone.
louiress

Post by louiress »

I do not have golem and guardian...I think I must invest in some magic points :(

Rogues mail is worth of crafting ?:]
Ricky is a Dicky
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Normal level crafted items are pretty lame unless you get a very lucky high roll on the item stats. Rare items will start popping up.

Keep grinding. At this stage, level up and put stats into DEX.

Shop the Witch for spell books and regrind the libraries in the Catacombs.
louiress

Post by louiress »

Like I said....this is completely ridiculous. I defeated douche with stunlock in Domain of Terror but when I unlocked demons...insta death from 30+ mobs and Boss who spawned mopre mobs. I try to kill 3-4 at time and another 6+ spawned. Yup...Im out. I see I must grind lvls 13+...
Ricky is a Dicky
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Normal difficulty isn't meant to be a walk in the park. The game is meant to be challenging.

Belzebub part is single player quests that improve upon vanilla Diablo I. There are still some bugs and game balance issues that are being addressed on the other side of the mod. Tchernobog part is working out multiplayer development and bit by bit addressing the game balance issues.

At some point in the not so distant future, the two branches will merge back into Diablo I HD Mod with single player quests as well as multiplayer game play. As soon as that happens, most characters will have to be reset to ground zero for changes to take effect. And then soon after that, everyone will start asking for new map areas, add in some of the still buried quests, new items, and then all of the stuff from Hellfire expansion.

This mod has much room to grow.
louiress

Post by louiress »

Tchernobog have no quests? Some rewards were cool.
Btw. I have 29 lvl and havent found anyunique Bows or any set pieces for Rogue. Is there specyfic levels where I can find some gear [bows etc] ?
Ricky is a Dicky
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Tchernobog currently lacks most of the quests, unfortunately. However, you should also keep in mind that it also has other players you can trade with.

My personal advice is to give your rogue a break for a while and start a sorcerer to go do some farming. Sorcs are the easiest to get through Normal difficulty with and, since they kill everything with spells, have very few equipment restrictions. Keep playing them until you find a sweet new bow and some high-tier armor for your Rogue in Nightmare/Hell, then let her catch up.
louiress

Post by louiress »

"Disabled trading - it could cause crashes or even corrupt character!" - How can I trade with this ? :]
Ricky is a Dicky