Dear, Noktis

Discussion/Suggestions regarding the Awake Mod
Chaos345

Dear, Noktis

Post by Chaos345 »

Thank you for such an amazing mod for Diablo! I had a tough time battling my way through the demons, mages, undeads, etc. It was indeed difficult as hell to get pass by, but through rigorous training, I was able to accomplish the first few dungeons. As I progress through the catacombs and further on, goddamn they were just ridiculously powerful. After wiping out the evils in Hell, I felt accomplished, but I knew it wasn't over. I entered Nightmare mode and got my ass whooped so badly that I had to go back to Normal to train again. I knew I had to go magic finding for uniques since we were able to keep them unlike classic Diablo where uniques disappear if you enter a different difficulty. I was able to find elixirs when I was around clvl 20 which helped me a lot through combat. After training for a while, I, then was strong enough to clear dungeon Level 1-4. After a while, I ended up training in Normal mode battling in Hell because the monsters there were more unique (and had more bosses).

I started to find many many items when I killed a few bosses. I believe the first item I ever found was a Gnarled Root. I was so happy with it and in my opinion, one of the best weapons to use as a fairly low level character. The infravision helped myself stay safe from mobs that I couldn't handle. It also helped me find bosses pretty easy which helped me out a lot of the cases. I have farmed so much in this game where I'm only missing about 6-7 uniques. I'm pretty sure I have well made over 500 games to get that much uniques. GOD, the God Tier items were ridiculously frustrating to obtain from Level 16, but after getting my first God Tier armor, I was truly happy to say the least. After getting Heroes' Plate, I was sort of disappointed in how weak the AC was compared to what you can buy from Griswold, but I wanted to use ALL unique items for my character which will weaken me a little on AC, but make things more challenging in Hell. After a while, I have finally found the best weapon I can possibly get, the Edge of God.

When my character was completed with all the uniques I was hunting for, I finally began to fight again in Nightmare mode, alone. The first dungeons were fairly easy since it was difficult for them to hit me, so I skipped a few levels and went straight to Level 13. As I ventured forward, they got a little more tough, but were easy to kill in a few hits. I finally entered Level 15 where Mephisto would be and killed him after about 20 seconds of smacking his legs with my sword. And was expected, dropped nothing and I proceed to kill Azmodan and Belial. After those two, I quickly entered Level 16 and killed everyone else decently fast. I cleared Nightmare mode pretty much with a breeze since I was ridiculously powerful. I was thinking if I should fight through Hell mode and if I needed help from my brother and my friend. To myself, I said, "I can cleanse the world of evil alone! I will not need any assistance to aid me through these evil demons!" Well, I didn't say something like that, but I just thought I would be able to solo Hell mode on my own. The next day, I did solo Hell mode and finally, destroyed The Dark Lord along with all of his hell minions.

My brother and my friend congratulated me on my accomplishment. I felt happy and proud that I was able to solo Hell mode, but I didn't feel fully satisfied since my brother and my friend didn't beat Hell mode. So then I created a Rogue and will be training her until she hits around clvl 30+ since my brother plays as a clvl 30+ Sorcerer and my friend plays as a clvl 30+ Warrior. It would be fun to play all three different characters through Hell mode and defeating The Dark Lord together. I'm looking forward to that day when we do so sometime in the future. For now, I will try to find uniques with better mods on it, but I won't be playing it as much since I felt half accomplished. I remember calling Rogues inferior, but they're actually pretty decent. Bow Rogues are pretty bad, but with my sword&shield set up, that's a different story. Anyways, sorry for this long ass essay of my experiences and hardships, but thank you for reading it. I just felt like typing this whole thing down for some reason, Lol. I'll most likely not play this anymore after my brother, friend, and I, beat Hell mode, but I won't forget how much fun I actually had playing this so thank you for the awesome, more difficult, and challenging Hell mod for Diablo.

Level 38 Warrior,
-Doujinshi
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Hello

To many words hehe :) But remember... Awake mod is not finished yet :)
Chaos345

Post by Chaos345 »

Noktis wrote:Hello

To many words hehe :) But remember... Awake mod is not finished yet :)
Hahahaha, I'm sorry that it was long. I just wanted to share my D1 life. =]
Wait, it's not finished? Ohh ho ho~ I'm looking forward to the finished product. >=]