High Golem on anything but sorc

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Xipher

High Golem on anything but sorc

Post by Xipher »

So I was browsing through some old videos on YouTube and came across a guy that was using a max level golem on every class to beat diablo on torment. Now I know you can respec after you hit 60 and change, but how else can you get that much magic? You have to get it to what, 12 ? Then do the quests correct? Is there just gear out there that can get your magic that high with an elixir popped or is there just some respec technique that I’m not aware of?

Edit: His assassin was level 43 FYI
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Welcome to the forums!

You only need to get Golem to level 11, as you can then get 4 free levels of it in Horazon's Sanctum, once per difficulty. That 'only' requires a MAG of 492, which is definitely doable with some lucky gear drops/crafting. Keep particularly good MAG-pumping gear in your stash specifically for reading books, a set of 'magic pajamas' if you will.
Also keep in mind there are items, especially crafted staves, that directly increase a particular spell's level; these can increase your Lumpy up to and even beyond level 15 while you have that item equipped.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Xipher

Post by Xipher »

@Wendigo

Hey thanks for the quick reply! So a few crafts ok! So I would have to have a separate set of gear saved to learn levels up to 11. Question about the summon. Say I had said weapon in my weap swap.... If I swap to it and summon ole lumpster will he still be higher level when I swap back to my main weapon?
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Short answer, yes, Lumpy will keep his beefiness.

Longer answer: Most of Lumpy's attributes (damage, regeneration rate, etc.) are tied to your MAG score and change in real time with that score; the level you cast him at only affects the multiplier that is applied to that score for his attributes. He will keep that modifier for his entire lifespan (or until you summon a new one at a lower score); so as long as the weapon set you're swapping out doesn't also dramatically drop your MAG, it works as you hope it will.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1