Save game

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Polaris13

Save game

Post by Polaris13 »

How do I save the game in Diablo.
When i exit i return to city like i started a new game. please help
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Go into the Belzebub file and right-click the Belzebub icon (the one you use to start the game); choose to run as administrator. The game is trying to create a save file it does not have permission to make. Once you've done that the game should save automatically.

Welcome to the forums!
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
d1f

Post by d1f »

This is a problem that exists in many games, not only D1 MOD, since WinXP up to current Winshit systems and their idiotic files ownership and write protection. This is why M$ redesigned their Operating system, and now, we don't have savegames inside game directories as we used to, since beginning of computers existence.
Right now, instead of SAVE file, you have designed place in User profile, appdata, local low and other shits, because this is the only unrestricted place to write on C drive. This is why a lot of players cracks their games to redirect savegame to be stored locally in game catalogue (and to remove harmful DRM).
Solution 1: Use Win7, disable UAC, Apply unofficial patches and regain control over your computer.
Solution 2: Store game on separate drive, where you have full control over files. Prefferably on exFAT or even FAT32 Flash card, where ownership and restrictions does not exists.
Solution 3: Run game from user friendly system in Virtual Machine, like M$ VPC or Oracle VM VirtualBox