Black Mushroom?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
recursev

Black Mushroom?

Post by recursev »

Ok, there's only so much teleporting around constantly to find the black mushroom I can do, it's not fun. The map size on Hell is just way too big.

Does anyone have the black mushroom and can upload a shared box with it? If I find it first I'll do just that.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

All of us here know exactly the frustration you're going through, but sadly, I'd recommend against duping quest items. It can permanently crash your save files. Sometimes it works, but you'd do so at your own risk. Getting that one time when you want to throw your keyboard in frustration trying to find that fucker is like a rite of passage for his mod. About the only mitigating advice is to make sure to check behind the bottom walls that sometimes conceal barrels and the like from your view.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
recursev

Post by recursev »

So is it completely random where it spawns? Does it have to be against a wall or can it be out in the open? I read somewhere online that it will be "nearby" the fungal tome, is this true?
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Well the rumor is that there are a few rules you can use, based on the game's creation matrix and in what order the game makes the levels.
1. It usually spawns within 2 spaces of a wall
2. It usually spawns 5 or more spaces away from lava and supposedly never less than 3
3. It usually spawns near a (non-quest, random) unique monster the game has placed in the level so it's usually near a group of tough foes and a boss
4. It usually spawns more than 4 squares from a door or stairwell

These are the same rules the game uses to place the Tome so odds are better than average the two will spawn near each other just based on the fact that there are only so many places either can spawn with the above rules in effect.

BUUUUUT, this is all hearsay. I have found they usually hold true but even assuming they are real rules the game uses nothing in Diablo is ever guaranteed.

I might suggest there's no need to finish the quest at any given time. You can always come back to it after you've gone deeper and come back when the enemies are a cakewalk and you can concentrate on finding the thing. Hell, see if you can collect a rare demon's brain.
:lol: I've been hoping to add Gloryhorn the Boner to my collection for a while now (he's in Andarial's area, he charges you from the small cave in the NW corner), but haven't had the time.

If that's not a thing you want to do, then there have been times I've walked down the stairs and it's right there in view so you can always just start reload spamming until you get something where it's easy to find.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1