Can't be arsed with hell domain

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Soundboy

Can't be arsed with hell domain

Post by Soundboy »

I've been coasting along with my necromancer so far but I've finally hit the wall. My chain lightning is doing virtually no damage and I've even attempted to put on my sorc's belials and snowclash..but my blizzard still does NO damage?

I know there's no simple answer besides git gud but my minions aren't surving damage and my spells aren't doing any damage. The only way to put a dent in groups is to hope a few of them die so I can start to spam Corpse Explosion.

Thoughts? Because I don't see gear helping me. Necro spells aren't powerful enough, yet hell domain is seemingly designed to F necros over due to teleporting and all the AoE damage just destroying my army. Oh and one final thought - seeing as chain lightning just tickles Diablo and blizzard even with my -FR gear does NOTHING...should I be using bone spirit? I hear it's what you should use for diablo but that doesn't seem to scratch him much either even with blood shield on.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Welcome to the forums!

Have you tried the 'all-in VIT' plan where you just equip everything to pump that stat and don't care about anything else? If your skellies are dying too readily it sounds like that may be the root problem.

Yes for some reason Diablo in Hell is insanely resistant to cold damage, you're actually better off trying fire although it seems counterintuitive. Apocalypse, even good ol' Guardian might be able to take him down a bit faster.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Soundboy

Post by Soundboy »

Hey Shiro, I don't have much in the way of Vit, I haven't been crafting much because alchemist boxes are incredibly rare. I feel like a coward but I've just shelved my Necro for now, I was lucky enough to get a low HS on my Rogue and she's tearing things up in hell save her squishiness.

I do have an arinoch stave so I may try your suggestion with the fire damage. I don't really want to play my necro like a sorc but ay it happes.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Well there ya go. Give your necro a break, and hope your rogue grinds out a few relevant recipes or equipment. I've always thought that's the way the game was supposed to be played anyway.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Soundboy

Post by Soundboy »

I finally beat Hell diablo on my rogue after like 15 tries, it's really easy but I'm impatient and my golem stinks :p

I'm hoping to get some good recipes, mostly upgrade unique weapon and harbingers
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

I would recommend to keep grinding and leveling up.

Set aside equipment the boosts Mag with Mag Potion by the standby. Whatever brings your Mag highest. Seek out Magic shrines and shrines that randomize stats for Mag, go back to town, put on the gear and suck down a Mag potion. Read up any and all of the stashed spell books you can before the effects wear off.

Bone Spirit becomes more important for bosses. Keep your skellies and golem placed where they block mobs from closing in on you. Animate zombies once you have max minions. Revives become just as important later on. Pay attention to enemy's immunity and use correct spells for mass effect. Ice Blast is good for knock back.

It is on to wage a running battle as you pick off mobs one by one. Enemy Necromancers can always be a challenge though as they could end up summoning dozens and dozens of new mobs or archers.
Soundboy

Post by Soundboy »

I found another HS and it's the same roll hah

I also found out salvaging gambled lvl 38 ammys and 42 rings are the easiest way to get alcheist bosex
Soundboy

Post by Soundboy »

I found a 50 IAS HS n_ns[/img]
SPAZZ

Post by SPAZZ »

ever try jumping right on top of enemys with 15 skellies..if you keep them all together they do crazy damage...when they start separating teleport on top of another enemy...i have all my gear on for 428 magic (not very strong) and i do just fine bouncing around like this...i kill Diablo in torment mode about 1000 times by now
Soundboy

Post by Soundboy »

right now I'm farming torment hell domain on my rogue trying to get necro recipes for Vit. and yeah I do teleport my army on top of things I want to kill but they aren't surviving Diablo's AoE. I've found rathma's ring and an onan so my golem can tank well but my dps isn't there