How to transfer items to other characters

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Aramoro

How to transfer items to other characters

Post by Aramoro »

Hello! As topic says I dont know how to transfer items from char 1 to char 2. Can some1 explain me how to do it ?
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

There is a small box in the town, near the road, behind Ogden the Innkeeper, labeled "Shared Stash." Anything you drop in there will be able to be pulled out by any character.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Aramoro

Post by Aramoro »

Well the small box is labeled Trade Stash or smth. :S And everything what I put there disapear
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Oh freakin' weird. So your characters can be saved but the Trade Stash just doesn't work? Can, like, the same character that put it in still get it out, or does it disappear the instant you put it in there?

Try going to the belzebub.exe icon you use to start the game, right-click and choose to "run as administrator." Hopefully this is just some weird permissions cock-up.
Otherwise it's likely a glitch, do a fresh install.

If neither of those work, it'd be nice to know your operating system.
Aramoro

Post by Aramoro »

Well when I put any item as a mage I can get it out too but afret changing character the box is empty. I downloaded new version and there is still the same problem. Im using WIN 7 64. There is any lv restrictions or quest restrictions to make if I want use this stash ?
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

No, there are no prerequisites to using the shared stash. It should just have whatever you put in it, whenever you open it, whoever opens it.

I'm getting a bit more of a handle on the problem, though. Windows 7 and this game have quite a few known compatibility issues. Right-click the belzebub.exe icon again and choose Compatibility Mode if your version has it; then choose to run with Windows XP mode (or, frankly, anything other than Windows 7). Hopefully that will not only fix this but will also help possible future problems. Consider a newer OS?

If that doesn't work find a new version of DirectX online, download it, and make sure it's up to date.

If that doesn't work go to Belzebub > DATA > player_save and open the file called 'shared.box' with Notepad. Tell me if it's empty.
Aramoro

Post by Aramoro »

First of all thank you for interest in the topic. For now Im in work but Ill try your tips after and post result here :)
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Oh, don't worry about it. I love this mod and I love a good puzzle, helping people make sure they can play it too is what I do for fun.
Aramoro

Post by Aramoro »

File named Shared box isnt empty but there are only some weird symbols instead of text.
While Im running the game with XP SP3 compilation there is an mpq error.
Direct X is fine since its up to date.
About OS. I dont like win10 at all so thats why Im still using win7.
I dont have any idea how to fix it >.>
xí?A @?.‚(!Š?ßC n†z?Ý»g['?\â÷??W?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€0`?€?
\ :
v
This what I can see when I open shared box with notepad
SamAlchemist

Trade Stash has 10 pages

Post by SamAlchemist »

Don't forget to check the other tabs. There are ten total.
Aramoro

Post by Aramoro »

Ye i Know but thery are empty anyway. Is there any editor for d1 mod ? I mean something like d2 char editor. I could use it just to transfer my looted items.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Okay, thanks for posting the contents of the file. That was gonna be my next step anyway. It's definitely corrupted, so go ahead and delete the shared.box file (NOT the whole player_save folder, I learned that one the hard way!). We're going to do a forced reset and hope that one works better. The game -should- simply create a fresh file the next time you start it up. If it does but still doesn't work, it may take a few tries, so go ahead and repeat the process, say, four times before we try something else. If that doesn't work, or the shared.box doesn't create itself, we've narrowed it down significantly, so let me know.
Aramoro

Post by Aramoro »

You are my life saver <3 After 1st try of deleting corrupted file game is fixed. Stash is still named "trade" but atleast I can put there something and pick it up with other char :))))) Thank you for ur tips and patience I really appreciate it.

I just have 2 small questions.
Whats the difference between technobork and belzebub ? And how many players playing online this days. (and it is possible to transfer my character from belz to mp game ? I guess not but Im not sure)
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Oh thank goodness. I'm glad I could help. :) ...especially before we had to get to the really silly stuff.
I don't play Tchernobog so all I know is it's multi-player only, it doesn't have the quests, and you can't transfer characters between it and Belzebub. It looks fun but I simply don't have the time these days. I'm sure someone else will pop in with the answers, though.
Aramoro

Post by Aramoro »

Well Im asking just to know bcoz I really miss the times when so many ppl were playing d1 online :D