How playable is Tchernobog?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
BombDutchess

How playable is Tchernobog?

Post by BombDutchess »

I seem to be running into several issues very very early on that makes the game kind of unplayable. It appears as though the butcher freeze is common knowledge, I kept running into that, the starting skill for every character breaks at some point and won't work anymore even after restarting the game or casting other spells, and casting spells breaks often. I haven't really figured out what's going on with the spells but sometimes I just can't cast spells, he stands there and does nothing as I flip to different spells. I played through almost all of Belzebub with very few issues and I wanted to finally get around to trying this mod but it seems not worth the effort which is unfortunate, I love these d1 mods.
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

Game is very playable and stable despite having few known bugs, I'd recommend to play Belzebub for one difficulty to check out quests and then switch to Tchernobog if you ever plan to interact with people.
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
Ablationer

Post by Ablationer »

I've been playing it with friends, and it's a lot of fun.
That said, there's a few things that severely bum us all out about it, such as the disappearing items glitch when you pick up something. Seems to happen mostly with weapons. We've already lost an unique staff, unique bow, and unique sword because of it. Very frustrating, and it doesn't look like that's gonna be fixed anytime soon.
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

I found nice shield recently (+ to spells power level)

what piss me off is that shield bonus is not increasing blocking chance (at least its not show on character panel)

any thought ? (i know there is some vanilla block bug - its related)