About set items

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Aymeric

About set items

Post by Aymeric »

Hey I'm just new to this awesome mod. Had few questions about sets.

1. Can it drop on normal difficulty?

2. I read that using craft you can increase set items. Is there a limitation?

3. I read that some full sets will change your skin. Somebody already did it?

4.is there any hope to have a new version in few months/years with new stuff and places?
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Welcome to the game!

1. Yes, set items are just like a more-rare version of any magic item. They can drop anywhere. Of course, the deeper into the dungeon you go and the higher your difficulty, the better the item (or rather, the better the chance of a good item).

2. This doesn't work the way you're thinking. The various "improve set item" crafting recipes only upgrade the base item; it turns "rags" into "tatters," for instance. So no, you only get to upgrade each set item once, and some (most?) can't be upgraded at all.

3. Some sets will change your character sprite, yes, assuming you wear the whole set. The Power of Greyscull set, for instance, changes you into a clone of Leoric's sprite. Here's the whole list, and look for the phrase "act of transformation."
https://mod.diablo.noktis.pl/set-items

4. Unfortunately, you're looking at some pretty long odds that will happen. It has been many years since there were any improvements or communication. There are a lot of set items to collect already, however, and the very good ones are exceptionally rare, so I wouldn't go assuming you'll get bored of them very fast at all. :)
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Aymeric

Post by Aymeric »

"" and the very good ones are exceptionally rare, so I wouldn't go assuming you'll get bored of them very fast at all."

This is what I like to hear!!! Thank you so much for answer me!
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

If this is your first time playing the game, it is unlikely that you will find a complete Set before you finish Normal difficulty and move on to Nightmare.

Most of the Set items you find in Normal and Nightmare will probably not get you past Nightmare until you are able to craft an Upgrade Set Armor, and maybe Upgrade Set Weapon. Both of these crafting scrolls are very, very rare to find. Even more rare than that.

However, you will probably complete a few set items by the time you get to Hell difficulty. By then though, you are relying on crafted items, good rares, and Unique items that can be custom configured to make your character kick ass. At this point, just create a new first level character of a class appropriate for that Set equipment, share that set and some other starter items and say 1M gold to get a rich start in a new quest. Try to play that Set equipment for as long as possible and to as high a level and advancement as you able before stalling out. Then do the Upgrade Set and try to continue onward.

That is where I am now in the game. Rogue with Arctic Set have beaten Diablo on first attempt Normal difficulty.