Tchernobog error (win 8.1)

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Jimpen

Tchernobog error (win 8.1)

Post by Jimpen »

First of all, i'm not the one having trouble, it's my friend but i've been messing around with his pc trying to get this to work. Also, he's a bit of a noob. Secondly, Diablo 1 and Belzebub is working without problems. It's only Tchernobog that doesn't work.

For the last week i've been trying to get Tchernobog working so me and my friend can play together but no success so far. I can play it perfectly without problems but he just keep getting errors. The first error he got was a missing dll file but we managed to solve that. Now we're getting an error (0xc000007b) that we can't fix. Been trying all sorts of things including installing several versions of .net framework and Microsoft Visual C++, replaced/re-registered dll-files, messed around with different compatibility settings/combinations, killed the "explorer.exe" task before starting the game etc... (can't remember everything we've tried). His pc also has a fresh windows installation.

Do anyone have any ideas what the problem could be and/or how to fix this? I'll try anything at this point, we're really eager to play this together.
Thanks